To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
- Phone: 904-547-3065
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PART TIME- Trolley Driver / Tour Guide- Boston (MA, Boston)
Old Town Trolley • Boston, MA
Posted 5 days ago
JOIN OUR OLD TOWN TROLLEY FAMILY!
Have fun driving an Old Town Trolley and sharing the history of our region.
Entertain visitors while educating them about historic Boston!
- $20/hr Base Pay PLUS $4.00 to 8.00/hr. in Gratuities*
- Paid Training at $19.50/hr.
- $2,000 Signing Bonus - $1,000 at tour certification & $1,000 90 days post hire
- $1,000 Peak Season attendance bonus
- Monthly & Annual $$ Awards for top performers.
- 15% Automatic Gratuity up to $100 for each private chartered tour
- Holiday Pay (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day)
- Paid Two Week Vacation & paid sick leave (5 days)
- Choice of HRA or Traditional Healthcare Plan:
- Employer pays 82% of HRA premium of employee**
- Employer pays 73% of Traditional Healthcare Plan of employee**
- Teledoc - 24 hr. access to doctor by phone/computer for employee & their dependents
- Employer pays 100%
- 401K Plan
- Fun & Supportive Environment
- Discounts in retail stores and free admission to all company attractions
- Flexible Scheduling
- Established & Financially Stable Company
- Operating tours, attractions and retail in Boston, Key West, Nashville, San Diego, St. Augustine, Savannah and Washington, DC since 1980
Start your new Career Today!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Our ideal Tour Guides have a passion for helping people and making their vacation experience a memorable one.
- A Commercial Driver’s license (CDL) is not required - we hire for personality. We will put you through our paid CDL training course and prepare you for the CDL Testing.
- Tour Guides must be able to drive a non-air-conditioned vehicle, on busy public streets in a safe, competent manner while entertaining guests by narrating a scripted sightseeing tour.
- Must be able to board and exit the trolley and assist guests with boarding and exiting the trolley.
- Must pass annual Motor Vehicle Reports (MVR) checks as required by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Ability to learn and memorize scripted tours and routes as assigned.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English in order to communicate with fellow employees, the general public, law enforcement and emergency personnel.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and tolerate a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must pass a DOT physical upon employment.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with an acceptable and verifiable driving record of at least three years.
Successful candidate must undergo a drug test and a background search
*Gratuity information based off of annualized historic tips received by conductors working at Old Town Trolley Tours of Boston.
**Calculated with employee participating in voluntary wellness program.
Key Words: CDL, Commercial Driver’s License, Tour Guide, Guide, History, Historian, Docent, Guest Service, Storytelling, Reenactor, Fun and Entertainment.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://HistoricToursofAmerica.appone.com