To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cincinnati, OH 45213
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Licensed Social Worker - LSW
Communicare Health Services • Cincinnati, OH
Posted 1 month ago
Licensed Social Worker - LSW
BlueRidge Vista Health and Wellness, a behavioral health hospital in the Cincinnati area, is currently recruiting a full time Licensed Social Worker to join our team.
The Social Worker is responsible for providing direct social work services to patients and their families as a part of the multidisciplinary team with most emphases on completing Psychosocial Assessments, facilitating psycho-educational training, family meetings, discharge planning, assisting in program development, and developing, implementing and reviewing Treatment Plans. Accepts direction from the Program Director.
EDUCATION: Must be Licensed as a Social Worker in the State of Ohio. Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or a Bachelor's Degree in a related Human Services field of study which includes a field practice involving supervised psycho-social assessment, planning, and referral of individuals with health and/or social problems.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Ability to effectively assess, plan and implement therapeutic social work services in a multidisciplinary setting. Particular skill in assessment, considerable knowledge of social work principles and practice, social health and welfare programs and laws government eligibility for these programs; ability to mobilize and coordinate resources effectively. Knowledgeable about age specific needs of geriatric and adult populations likely to be served by the program. Plans for the aftercare needs of patients utilizing knowledge of their needs and available community resources.
Prior long term care and geriatric experience required. Experience in a healthcare setting and/or mental health services highly preferred.
Successful candidate will have:
- Must be a Licensed Social Worker in the State of Ohio.
- A Bachelors Degree in Social Work or in a related Human Services field which includes a field practice involving supervised psycho-social assessment, planning, and referral of individuals with health and/or social problems.
- Minimum of 2 years years prior long term care and geriatric social work experience.
- Experience in a healthcare setting and/or mental heatlh services highly preferred.
- Must be a motivated team player. Must be able to deal tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors and government agencies.
- Must possess basic computer literacy skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of social services practices and procedures.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- If recovering, at least 2 years of unbroken sobriety (alcohol and drugs).