Make an impact in the financial lives of millions with our growing organization. The Company (formerly the Center for Financial Services Innovation) is the leading authority on financial health. We envision a future where all people, especially those who are most vulnerable, have the day-to-day financial systems they need to be resilient and thrive. We are a trusted resource for business leaders, policymakers and innovators united in a mission to improve the financial health of their customers, employees and communities. Through groundbreaking research, advisory services, measurement tools, and opportunities for cross-sector collaboration, we advance awareness, understanding and proven best practices in support of improved financial health for all. With offices in Chicago, New York, San Francisco and Washington, DC, Company is a fast paced, entrepreneurial and highly collaborative environment, seeking people who share our values: Innovation; Passion; Excellence; Impact; Directness; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Company is accepting applications for a newly-created role of Vice President, Market and Business Development. This role will report to the Chief Revenue Officer. The focus will be creating new opportunities for engagement with large and midsize employers, gig platforms, human resources/employee benefits vendors, and others focused on improving the financial health of workers. The Vice President will develop and direct the implementation of the Company’s go-to-market strategy in the human resources/employee benefits industry.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with deep knowledge of and significant experience in the human resources/employee benefits industry to serve as the Company’s external-facing lead in this area, thereby broadening the organization’s reach and impact.
Chicago or New York
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead the development of the Company’s perspective on workplace financial health in partnership with the Program Team practice area lead
* Develop acute knowledge of the Company’s offerings and the competitive landscape
* Stay up-to-date on market trends relating to workplace financial health to inform the development and delivery of Company’s go-to-market strategy and the evolution of its programs and services
* Regularly meet with employers, vendors, platforms, and others to understand their level of awareness and/or investment in improving financial health and how the Company can best support them
* Establish and manage an Employer Advisory Council to advise on the Company’s value proposition and engagement model
* Work closely with Marketing & Communications Team to identify the highest value platforms and channels and to develop messaging and collateral to effectively reach leaders across the workplace financial wellness supply chain
* Identify and cultivate partners to accelerate Company’s efforts around workplace financial health
* Attend and present at key industry events, conferences, and trade shows to raise the Company’s profile with new audiences and that offer market and business development opportunities
Business Development & Relationship Management
* Effectively and authentically convey the Company’s value proposition to prospective members/clients/partners across research, consulting, innovation, and membership
* Identify prospects’ needs and understand the business drivers behind requests
* Identify, develop, and close new business opportunities with employers, vendors, and others across the employee financial wellness supply chain
* Establish positive, long-term relationships with a range of external stakeholders including key thought leaders and influencers
* Manage a portfolio of complex relationships to drive action and investment in employee financial health with senior level clients
* Commitment to Company’s mission in advancing consumer financial health
* 15+ years of relevant, progressive experience in market and business development; experience with business to business sales is preferred including a strong track record of identifying and closing business
* Deep industry/subject-matter knowledge in HR/employee benefits required; knowledge of the landscape of employee financial wellness solutions preferred
* Senior level relationships/contacts at large employers and vendors
* Relationship management experience working with large institutions at varying levels of seniority
* Superior organizational, project and time management skills with strong attention to detail and deadlines
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including comfort with public speaking/presentation and group facilitation and the ability to quickly synthesize data and make succinct, cogent arguments
* High degree of flexibility to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment and readily embrace change
* Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and to influence without direct authority
* Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work independently without close oversight, as well as collaboratively as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside the organization
* Ability to commit to up to 30-40% domestic travel, with occasional evening meetings
Minimum Bachelor’s degree required, Graduate/Master’s a plus.