A DC Clerk I assists with guiding associates through a defined set of processes for a specific task on the operating floor. The DC Clerk I is a skilled associate who has obtained super-user knowledge within one or more areas of warehouse management system (WMS) directed processes. The DC Clerk I checks, investigates, and verifies inbound, processing, and/or outbound product for accuracy with the assistance of technology and WMS. A DC Clerk I is not responsible for discipline, and does not have any direct reports, but is tasked with leading and training within a department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Based upon assigned department, uses HighJump to expertly perform one or more essential functions within the order fulfillment process, including but not limited to routine duties performed by a DC Processor and/or DC Power Equipment Operator
* Motivates co-workers in completing defined tasks and achieving established goals
* Responsible for training and developing associates to accurately and efficiently perform duties within assigned department(s)
* Engage partner departments and associates in problem-solving activities to assure service outcomes meet expectations
* Identify, communicate, and resolve obstacles and exceptions under the direction of the appropriate DC Lead, Supervisor, and/or Area Manager
* Functional subject matter expert for one or more areas of WMS directed processes
* Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to support workload requirements
* Responsible for the proper handling and safe use of all Company owned property, tools, and equipment, including PPE, power equipment, voice equipment, etc.
* Promotes and maintains a clean and safe work environment
* Conducts duties in compliance with OSHA safety standards, MSDS, Camuto Group Motorized Equipment Policy, and location specific policies, paying special attention to pedestrian/equipment traffic.
* Communicates problems/concerns, including safety concerns or violations, to the appropriate DC Lead, Supervisor, and/or Area Manager
* Other duties as instructed by leadership, including various duties performed within DC Material Handler, DC Processor, and/or DC Power Equipment Operator roles, which the associate is trained and skilled to perform
* Crosstrain in order to effectively operate and assist within other departments based on the needs of the department, facility, and Company
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leadership
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, propose resolutions, and communicate the outcome to the appropriate operational partners and site leadership
* Expert understanding of system directed processes, with the strong ability to train new and existing associates on automated conveyor-based, RF, and/or VoCollect processes
* Advanced PC skills, including Excel, Word, Access and Outlook
* Ability to read and recognize applicable numbers and directives, including safety rules, operating instructions, racking locations, and procedural documents
* Ability to perform duties independently, and lead others as a team
* Frequent bending, lifting, walking, pushing, pulling of freight, standing for long periods of time and sometimes working in extreme temperatures
* 1-2 years' experience in a leadership role, as an SME, or with increasing responsibilities; preferably in a related environment
* (3) + years of warehouse, distribution, logistics, or fulfillment experience preferred but not required
* Minimum of (1) year experience with WMS (HighJump preferred) experience required
* Prior experience working within an automated conveyor-based operation is preferred
* Knowledgeable and skilled using various site equipment, such as VoCollect voice, RF scanner, motorized equipment
* High school diploma or equivalent.
- Data Collection
- Fact Checking
- Freight Forwarding
- Logistics Operations
- Microsoft Excel