To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mount Vernon, IN 47620
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Desktop Support Technician - A+ Certified
eXcell • Mount Vernon, IN
Posted 2 months ago
At eXcell, we set you up for job success right from the start. Our precision recruiting process aligns the right fit for the right people.
3 Month Contract – A+ Certification Required
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- A strong computer professional who is able to prioritize workload and maintain a positive relationship with various personalities
- Ability to converse and communicate appropriately with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain professional behavior
- Strong customer service skills including written and verbal communications
- Diagnoses and resolves PC technical issues
- Records, tracks, escalates, and updates events through established systems
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating (a strong work ethic)
* * * Local Candidates Only * * * Non-Local candidates will be rejected without consideration. Relocation assistance is not on offer.
Hardware / Software Activities:
- Install, test, troubleshoot, and maintain hardware and software products
- Interface with other technicians, operations, and customers and makes decisions on operating procedures, analytical approaches, and configuration options
- Follow established process and procedures to plan, install, test, and implement computer system hardware or software technologies
- Provide “smart hands” support for infrastructure devices, servers, and conference rooms AV equipment
- Assist user with data backup and restoration
- Provide technical guidance and one-on-one training to end users, both on a scheduled basis and as needed
Hardware Knowledge & Skills:
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred
- Dell DES notebook certification preferred
- Dell DES desktop certification preferred
- Various peripheral computer equipment, dual monitors, printers, scanners, etc.
Software Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong Microsoft Windows and Office skills (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Windows workstation Operating Systems support
- SCCM, Active Directory, remote controlling software
- Remedy or equivalent incident management system
- Support of Common Off The Shelf Products (COTS)
- Wireless network – basic setup and troubleshooting for PCs, smartphones, and tablets
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Antivirus Software
- Successful completion of a background security check and drug screening
- Professional appearance:
- No visible tattoos
- Hair must be clean, combed and neatly trimmed or styled, may not obscures eyes or face.
- Sideburns, mustaches, and beards must be neatly trimmed
- No jeans or T-shirts
- Modest, professional and conservative jewelry may be worn
- Physical Requirement: Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell™ Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell™, a division of CompuCom® Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com.