Responsible for developing new military and government business and maintaining current business for products related to cargo control equipment and material handling equipment as well as other products within Kinedyne’s capabilities (i.e., sewn products, small hardware, helicopter hooks, etc.).
Field-based position. Location flexible, but it is preferred that the incumbent reside near a major airport hub in the United States.
The position supervises one staff member, the Government Business Development Representative.
• Collaborate with the VP - Government Business Development to develop product strategy for new military and specialty business and prepare all new documentation and customer requirements.
• Explore new business opportunities by becoming acquainted with contractors, subcontractors, and other specialty manufacturers.
• Partner with engineering and Kinedyne customers in the development of new product designs to present Kinedyne-equivalent products for evaluation and approval.
• Develop and maintain strategic plans to meet customer demand. Enhance and maintain a written business plan for the government and military market segment in alignment with the overall Kinedyne strategic plan.
• Coordinate with departments related to Government Manufacturing, Shipping, Scheduling, Purchasing, Quality, and Engineering to achieve optimal operational efficiency and economy.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
• Review all government RFQ’s, create part numbers and costing, prepare forms and quotes for government agencies as well as subcontractors.
• Answer questions related to military products and drawing requirements.
• Assist, when needed, in entering government contracts into the Microsoft AX system. Enter all pertinent information into the government Defense Internet Board System (DIBBS) and invoice all billings through the government invoicing system (Wide Area Work Flow—WAWF). Work with QC on coordinating shipping through the government shipping portal (Value Stream Mapping—VSM).
• Cooperates with intra and interdepartmental personnel to ensure services can be adequately promoted and maintained to meet the need of the customer.
• Assist Accounts Payable and Customer Service to ensure all invoices are paid promptly.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
• Review any technical requests with the VP - Government Business Development to prepare proper Special Product Requests (SPR) and submit for review and approval prior to engineering submission.
• Present quotes, pricing, and part numbers. Acquire lead times and appropriate government documentation with all shipments and invoicing.
• Submit, properly and timely, all call reports, expense reports, mileage reports, and other required paperwork.
• Develop and present PowerPoint presentations.
• Present and collaborate using Microsoft Teams.
• Significant travel of 50% or more including driving, flying, and overnight travel. Some weekends required.
• Work from home office on a routine basis.
• Amount of travel is dependent on business and environmental conditions. Flexibility is required to transition from traveling to periods of time when goals and objectives must be met virtually and through other means, as conditions warrant.
• Customer Focus – Understanding who your customer is and their needs.
• Dealing with Ambiguity – Comfortable dealing with change and situations in which a clear answer has yet to be discovered.
• Drive for Results – Identifying key goals and using all available people and resources to get there.
• Priority Setting – Knowing what comes first.
• Interpersonal Savvy – Quickly acclimating to people and situations.
• Strategic Agility – Looking to the future and rising to meet it.
• Strong social skills including interpersonal, telephone, and e-mail skills to successfully work and communicate with a variety of personalities.
• Must be able to maintain a professional, organized, and positive demeanor, even when dealing with difficult issues and challenging customers.
• Good communication and public speaking skills.
• Proficiency in mathematics to calculate margins, pricing, and profits.
• Ability to think and operate on the fly, to assess situations, to weigh options, and to make sound business decisions.
• Extensive travel, long car rides, and air travel. Long hours at trade shows and customer functions. Extended computer use (sitting, typing, and viewing screen).
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
• Competent computer skills. Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, and LinkedIn.
• Knowledge of ERP systems with knowledge of Microsoft AX preferred.
• Adept at navigating Government and military websites.
• College degree required, preferably with a focus on business, sales, or marketing.
• In lieu of a college degree, additional equivalent experience in a related industry may be considered.
• Minimum 3 years of traveling sales experience, preferably in industrial sales. (More than 3 years of sales experience preferred.)
• Experience in sales management strongly preferred.
• Extensive experience in or exposure to military and government operations and administration is preferred. (i.e., prior or current service in the U.S. military).
• A combination of years of experience, advanced education, and industry-specific training and experience may be considered in lieu of the minimum requirement.
Product Quality Assurance