The Packaging Machinery Division Controller provides financial leadership to PMD with primary focus on delivering reliable cost and variance analyses as well as budgets and forecasts linked to business objectives and strategies. The PMD Controller is responsible for maintaining a controlled environment that complies with the Company’s internal control policies and Sarbanes Oxley regulations. The PMD Controller contributes to organizational leadership as a member of the management team.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participates in the development of operational objectives for PMD that are aligned with Corporate and Division strategic objectives.
- Leads proactive development of contingency plans, productivity improvement and corrective actions to ensure PMD financial results and shareholder value is optimized.
- Ensures there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls including; data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.).
- Ensures accountability for internal controls is clear and processes are documented.
- Leads financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Monitors monthly PMD closing process in conjunction with Accounting processes and requirements.
- Communicates results effectively to management and non-financial personnel.
- Provides risk analysis for contingency planning.
- Provides in-depth analysis on actual performance variances to plan, forecast, and prior year.
- Leads actions in line with achieving targets, mitigating risk and prioritizing resource needs.
- Monitor and reconcile inventories and establish proper reserves.
- Monitor capital spending versus plan and forecast. Approve all capital AR’s.
- Educates PMD personnel on key performance metrics and how each metric impacts financial results.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement; validates monitors and reports savings.
- Build organizational effectiveness through enhanced business process improvement.
- Supervise, mentor and develop PMD finance employees.
- Experience – 5+ years of professional level experience providing financial leadership to organizations within a manufacturing environment; leading operations planning, cost savings, and forecasting and investment analysis is required.
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (Finance/Accounting preferred); CPA/MBA/CMA preferred
- Technical – ERP system experience required, SAP preferred; Intermediate/Advanced MS Office
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. URL blocked - click to apply.
International Financial Reporting Standards
Standard Accounting Practices
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles