Worker Time Type
Total responsibility for product delivery to customers in the most efficient and safest manner possible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Hire, train, supervise, coach, and review all delivery employees. This includes drivers, forklift drivers,
and dock clerks.
2. Exercises safety precautions and assist with employee training to do the same.
3. Prepares monthly estimates of staffing and equipment requirements.
4. Maintains compliance documents and logs. This includes Driver Qualification files, HOS logs and
5. Investigates all driver accidents and files proper paperwork.
6. Establishes or assists CSM in the most efficient routing of trucks. Schedules all employees to ensure
adequate coverage and efficient operations.
7. Ensures special deliveries are made promptly and efficiently.
8. Ensures product is delivered on a timely basis.
9. Monitors maintenance and repairs on vehicles and delivery equipment such as pallet jacks, carts, dolly,
etc. Responsible for vetting, approving and submitting for payment all invoices related to delivery
operation: Fleet, pallet jack, dock, etc.
10. Periodically checks with customers on proper merchandising.
11. Coordinates delivery of product for new accounts with management.
12. Resolves delivery problems with customers.
13. Check drivers in as necessary. Ensure all policies are followed and all monies are properly turned in
and accounted for each day.
14. Utilizes route reports as a tool to develop cost effective routes.
15. Monitors junk ice returns and follow-up with same. Ensure proper inventory control – responsible to
ensure proper transactions occur as inventory leaves and returns to the warehouse.
16. Manages the dock. Ensure appointment times are adhered to for all distributors and coordinate with
loading times of company vehicles.
17. Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
18. Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and
we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short term memory
- Ability to concentrate and perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Demonstrate a caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
- Possess fast reflexes and unimpaired coordination and ability to rapidly respond to stimuli
- Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform required functions
- Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
Internal: Daily contact with all plant supervisor and manager, and with delivery employees.
External: Contact with customers, distributors, vendors and repair service personnel.
Excellent decision making abilities and judgment are required. Must be able to respond to non-routine situations with promptness and use of good business judgment. Errors could be lost customers, excessive repair costs on vehicles, overtime costs due to poor scheduling. This job is diverse and complex due to the number of duties and situations which must be handled.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities for all delivery personnel including drivers, forklift drivers and dock clerks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma with the ability to do basic math and complete paperwork. Must have some experience in route sales, delivery and supervision. Must hold a valid CDL Class A drivers license and have an acceptable motor vehicle record. Minimum 5 years of experience managing a team of professional drivers.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Minimal travel; on-call availability, weekend and evening work may be required. Must hold a valid Class A CDL with an acceptable MVR and current medical certificate. Must be able to climb a ladder, work with light duty tools, and lift up to 40 pounds. Work is conducted in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The ability to manage stress, build professional and collaborative relationships and reason through complex business situations is essential. Hazards include working around moving equipment (trucks and forklifts) and travel hazards if on route..
Training And Development
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)