Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions. Responsibilities
Provide USSOCOM J6 and Special Operations Forces with Mobile DevSecOps Training and Incubator Support.
• Provide support for the cross-functional DevSecOps team to ensure operations meet quality standards and deliver on productivity and quality goals. Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage cloud services Qualifications
• Working as a leader along-side Application Development and Infrastructure teams
• Responsible for looking at application security, the elements of a secure software development lifecycle, and the use of automated application security tests as part of the continuous integration / continuous deployment pipeline
• Integrate automated security tests and mitigate security risks
• Ensure continuous compliance as code is covered, using different approaches and appropriate DevSecOps tools for prevention, detection and remediation
• Provide insight, design and support into CI/CD testing processes
• Utilizing agile software development and DevSecOps techniques
• Implementing DevSecOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration, and automated deployment
• Participate in daily stand up, product backlog review meetings, and sprint review meetings
• Candidate must be an excellent communicator at all levels of the organization
• Understanding Epics and User Stories, their Acceptance Criteria, and designing quality assurance validation to meet the needs
• Create and execute test plans (both manual and automated) based on business requirements for traceability and instruct development resources on proper procedures to ensure team compliance, in accordance with a DevSecOps methodology
• Should have experience of Agile delivery models
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
Minimum of 5 years of experience working exclusively designing and implementing cloud native workloads
Experience with Twistlock, Fortify and other testing tools is required
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related analytical field or equivalent experience is preferred
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience
- Have a passion for Agile and DevSecOps methodologies.
- Ability to prioritize usage to most efficiently allocate resources to maximize developer options while staying within budget.
- Strong "security first" mindset.
- 8+ years of experience supporting multi-tier web applications.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
- Demonstrable experience of microservices architecture, container technology and K8s based PaaS solutions (OpenShift, PKS, etc.) – Desired requirement
- Deep understanding of the design, deployment and management of cloud resources in numerous environments (AWS, Azure, etc.). – Desired requirement
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Software Quality Assurance Engineer Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Agile Software Development