SHIFT: Work From Home
This position is remote or work from home.
Do you have a passion for coding and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career at Parallon and apply today to be a Coding Integrity Specialist!
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That’s why after more than a decade we remain dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry’s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
The Coding Integrity Specialist III reviews and evaluates hospital inpatient medical record documentation to assign, sequence, edit and/or validate the appropriate ICD-10-CM and ICD-10- PCS codes. The Specialist will perform coding and/or code/DRG validation across multiple entities as well as apply all appropriate coding guidelines and criteria for code selections.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Using, ICD-10-CM and/or HCPCS/CPT, primarily assigns, validates, and/or edits codes the following patient types: Same Day Surgery (SDC), Observation (OBV), Wound Care, and Outpatient Cardiac Cath
- As needed, may also assign, validate, and/or edit codes for the following patient types: Emergency Department (ED), Recurring (RCR), Clinical (CLI) records, and/or Provider Office Visit (POV)
- Assigns, validates, and/or edits procedure categories, modifiers (when applicable)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Coding Technical Skills- ICD-10-CM, HCPCS/CPT-4, and APCs.
- Analytical Skills – effective evaluation, synthesis and use of information gathered.
- Organization – establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi-task.
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely.
- Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
- PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required.
- Quality Orientation – accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Work Independently – is self-supporting; not needing to rely on others to complete a job.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent required, undergraduate (associate or bachelors) degree in HIM/HIT preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of acute care hospital inpatient coding required, 3 years preferred.
Certificates/License – RHIA, RHIT and/or CCS preferred.
At Parallon, every employee is a valued member of our organization. You can expect to receive competitive salary, ongoing professional development, comprehensive benefits package, performance bonuses and more!
Check us out or follow us on LinkedIn at URL blocked - click to apply
Registered Health Information Technician
Registered Health Information Administrator
Certified Coding Specialist
Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator