Freedom Mortgage is seeking an experienced, strategic and driven Analytics and Data Science leader to join the team in the role of VP of Analytics and Science for the Intelligent Automation domain. Intelligent Automation is an emerging competency at Freedom and is initially focused on gathering, storing and analyzing individual decisions made by the various rule engines across Freedom’s technology platforms.
This will result in very large amounts of data being streamed that contains extremely valuable information about how Freedom’s systems evaluate loan opportunities.
To be successful, the Analytics and Data Science Leader will need to have a thirst for knowledge and become expert on all the rule engines and how they operate so they can full interpret and evaluate the individual decisions as they are made. Thus, this role requires a balance of strategy / execution while marrying business and technology perspectives.
It also requires deep analytical and technical expertise in one or more highly specialized domains related to data-heavy applications including data streaming, big data platforms, analytics engineering and AI/ML platforms. Initially the leader will focus on creating strategy for building out the necessary analytics and data science practices to ensure that as data begins to build in the platform, business and IT leaders can visualize and gain critical insight into the patterns of decisions being made by Freedom’s decisioning engines.
Being able to present a future analytical vision is critically important. The leader acts independently as a senior leader in IT and will partner very closely with Information Engineering, Product Management leaders to create credible Intelligent Automation Roadmaps that lead to our future state.
A key component of the new Intelligent Automation Platform is the establishment of foundational capabilities around AI/ML. In addition to generating modeling for IT and business analysis, intelligence generated from the platform will be leveraged by key technologies such as RPA, BPMs, UI flows and general-purpose search, so general familiarity with these subject areas will be important.
Essential Job Functions:
- Primary focus will be on establishing an Analytics and Data Science foundation for the Intelligent Automation Platform
- Partner with Product Management on Intelligent Automation Product Roadmap
- Become expert on the core decisioning and rule systems that drive Freedom’s business
- Partner with architects and development teams to procure the necessary data to build necessary models
- Periodically collect additional data through means such as analyzing business results or by setting up and managing new studies
- Transferring data into a new format to make it more appropriate for analysis
- Creating new, experimental frameworks to collect data
- Building tools to automate data collection
- Searching through large data sets for usable information
- Creating reports and presentations for business uses
- Correlating similar data to find actionable results
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree; computer science, software engineering, information systems or a related technical discipline preferred
- Experience leading small team of analytical and data science experts
- Knowledge of programming languages like SQL, Python, R, and Scala
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Strong mathematics skills (e.g., statistics, algebra)
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Advanced ability to perform exploratory data analysis
- Experience with common data science toolkits
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Exceptional technical writing skills
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
- Ability to visualize data in the most effective way possible for a given project or study
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with machine learning and AI
- Familiarity with data management tools
- Ability to work independently and with team members from different backgrounds
- Excellent attention to detail
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Search (Computer Science)