All about us
You likely know us as an insurance company, but that’s just a portion of what we do. Hundreds of thousands of North Dakotans trust us to provide them with personalized service and unmatched access to care. It’s a mission we take seriously.
We also work with entities throughout the state to challenge the cost and complexity of health care in North Dakota. This uncompromising goal requires caring, innovative people who are ready and willing to help create a new level of health and well-being in North Dakota and beyond.Work environment
This opportunity is in-office and located within our Williston, ND office. We empower our employees to find a work style that is best for them.Learn more at Life at Blue | BCBSND.
This position is eligible for internal and external applications.Pay information
Pay Level: 020
FLSA Category: Exempt-SalariedA day in the life
The Account Manager – Small Group, Mid-Market and Special Markets is responsible for providing customer support and account management duties to assigned small group, mid-market and/or special market clients. This position will serve as a point of contact for existing clients, maintaining positive relationships, and maximizing sales opportunities during the renewal process.Your responsibilities will include:
What you need to succeed
- Develops, maintains, and assesses client accounts, and builds favorable relationships with clients.
- Focuses on growing and developing existing accounts, together with generating new business.
- Promotes local service club and community involvement and attend local events to maintain presence in the market.
- Crafts targeted strategies designed to meet specific client needs and provides product recommendations based on internal and external factors.
- Meets regularly with assigned client accounts and ensures clients are consistently satisfied with the organization’s products and services.
- Provides customer support and resolves escalated issues.
- Provides information to clients about changes to contracts, underwriting policies and billing procedures, helping to resolve claims issues, and delivering member or client materials as needed.
- Conducts open enrollment meetings and provides client trainings, if applicable.
- Identifies additional sales opportunities during the renewal process.
- Maintains knowledge of company products in the healthcare industry, new service offerings, policies and procedures, and regulations impacting the business.
- Keeps clients informed about company initiatives and programs highlighting the benefits to the consumer.
- Collaborates with internal team members ensuring implementation and coordination of the renewal and sales activities are operating smoothly.
- Ensures necessary documentation is completed and appropriate internal systems are updated.
- Develops a professional rapport with clients to enhance new and ongoing business relationships.
- Travel outside of core business location is required.
- An Associate's degree with a focus on Marketing, Business, Healthcare or a related field.
- 3 years of experience in sales, a customer-facing role, insurance, or a related field.
- A valid and maintained active driver's license in the state of North Dakota and Minnesota.
- An Insurance Producer License or the willingness to obtain one within 3 months of hire.
- Shows interests in understanding the needs and expectations of customers.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with individuals to deliver information.
- Organized and has the ability to prioritize tasks within a changing environment.
- Coordinates well with other parties to accomplish goals.
- Ability to end a customer interaction with confirmed satisfaction.
Equivalent combination of education, experience or training determined to be acceptable by Human Resources may be substituted, unless regulated by contract or program standardsBenefits and perks
Job posting policy
- Wellness incentives including well-being lifestyle spending accounts, employee assistance program and employee discounts.
- Encouraged paid time off including paid holidays and flexible holidays to use as you wish.
- 16 hours of paid volunteer time with a $200 donation to a charity of your choice upon completion of all volunteer hours.
- Employee recognition, community initiative events and yearly company outings.
- Workplace flexibility offering remote, office or hybrid work schedules and the freedom to make time for important commitments.
- Our core benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability and paid parental leave.
Employees new to Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota are eligible to apply for positions within their assigned department after successfully completing 90-days in their role. For positions outside of their department, new employees should attain a minimum of six months of service before applying for a new role. Exceptions to this are acceptable, provided there is good business justification for making the move.Equal opportunity employment
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individual with Disabilities, as well as Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity.
For questions, please email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Account Manager (Williston)
This job posting will be closed 11/16/2022at 8:00 a.m. (CT). No further applications will be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Account Management
- Claim Processing
- Customer Service
- Human Resources