Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent-yours. We are looking for experienced Fire Alarm Installation Lead Technician in the Louisville, KY area to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you're up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don't provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, matching 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
This position is primarily responsible for the installation, repair, troubleshooting and programming of fire alarm systems in commercial, industrial, municipal, health care and other facilities as required. This is a hands-on position requiring electrical aptitude coupled with excellent communication, organization, and customer service skills.
* The inspection of fire alarm systems and its components to ensure proper functionality
* The installation and/or service of fire alarm systems and its components to ensure proper functionality
* Interact with customers, vendors and co-workers in a professional manner
* Demonstrate an understanding of and follow all safety regulations and practices
* Open minded willingness to continual learning
* Follow all Koorsen policies, procedures and core values
* Any other duties deemed appropriate by management
* Pass drug and background screenings
* Fire Alarm Installation experience
* EST Programming experience preferred
* KY Fire Alarm License and/or NICET certification
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Able to meet state licensing requirements and/or vendor certifications
* Valid driver's license
* Able to safely and effectively use general hand and power tools
* Lift and carry a minimum of 75 lbs, push and pull greater than 75 lbs
* Climb ladder reaching height of at least 12 feet and/or use a man lift to perform services
* Exposure to outside weather conditions, temperature changes and loud noises
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
1. New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form with 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify.
2. Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, the Department of Motor Vehicles, are required of all Positions.
3. Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis test is required if this application results in an offer of employment.
- Automobile Roadworthiness Inspection
- Customer Service
- Fire Alarm Systems