You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Plant CI Manager - Lean Manufacturing
Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
140 miles west of Detroit and 50 miles south of Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo is a city in southern Michigan. The Kalamazoo Valley Museum offers science, technology and history exhibits, plus a planetarium. American and European art form the core collection of the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts. To the south, the Air Zoo museum features vintage aircraft, flight simulators and rides. The multi-use Kalamazoo River Valley Trail runs through the city, linking parks and nearby communities.
The Evergreen Packaging Kalamazoo Carton Converting Facility is located in Kalamazoo, Michigan, with easy access to the beautif Great Lakes region and the cities of Chicago and Detroit. Opened in 1952 and employing 175 team members, the facility prints and die cuts refrigerated gable top cartons for a variety of national and regional brands, primarily supplying important dairy nutrition to schoolchildren throughout the US.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.Responsibilities
This Position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
The goal of this position is to demonstrate maximum efficiency across the network of manufacturing facilities, continuously assessing critical processes and systems in Pactiv Evergreen and implementing programs that will have long-term benefits. From these technical assessments, develop and implement targeted plans that address gaps in the facilities. As our manufacturing technology, automation and opportunity for optimization increase, we must transfer knowledge, network and leverage best practices within our manufacturing sites as we continue to develop a Lean Management System to run our facilities, as well as optimizing plant performance by ensuring a flawless implementation of the Pactiv Evergreen Production System (PEPS).
- Develop plans, schedules, and budgets for projects to improve existing processes and to support the Pactiv Evergreen Production System (PEPS).
- Identify, prioritize and execute continuous improvement activities through standardization and consistency.
- Supports lean improvement process with techniques such as Kaizen.
- Identify cost savings through research or product requirements, manufacturing methods and equipment modifications.
- Improve manufacturing organization by analyzing workflow, space requirements and equipment layout with the goal of cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Bridge the gap between technical and operational teams, executing a range of CI solutions that move operations beyond current state to the next level of efficiency.
- Identify and manage resources, internal and external, that are needed to execute the targeted skills development.
- Has knowledge in the areas of: 5S, SMED, TPM, VSM, PDCA or equivalent, A3 Problem Solving.
- Ensure adherence to Lean Methodology, including Kaizen, 5S, Standard Work, Daily Management, Layered Audit Process and Business Plan development to eliminate waste.
Qualifications:Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.5+ years of plant experience in technical or management rolesProven ability to facilitate change.Strong organizational skills to include: Tracking, coordination across multiple programs, effective reporting of status and results to both Plant management and senior management.Experience working across multiple locations at one timeMust be able to demonstrate knowledge of statistical methods and process improvement techniques.Effective communication skills (written and verbal), team building and demonstrated leadership skills with all levels in the organization.Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) a plusMust have Microsoft Office experience with advanced Excel Skills.Safety - Demonstrates a safety first mindset in all situations. #IND1P #LI-TM1 #CB1 #ZRS
- Business Planning
- Business Process Improvement
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 19890
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.