About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Database Engineer.
- The Senior Database Engineer position, specifically with expertise in design, administration, high availability, and operational support experience with MongoDB platform will join a growing and high energy team supporting enterprise Customers. As a MongoDB Senior Database Engineer, you will be responsible for providing the highest technical expertise for the planning, design, implementation, upgrade, patching, capacity planning, and day to day operations for the MongoDB database platform including technical communications with the vendor. This role will also provide oversight, mentoring, and leadership to less experienced on-shore and off-shore staff. The successful candidate must be comfortable working on multiple dynamic projects simultaneously, collaborating with database architects, application teams, information security teams, and leadership at all levels of the organization.
Responsibilities for this role in working on an enterprise team supporting large, highly complex databases include the following:
- Ability to see the big picture and influence future direction in alignment with EDM and enterprise goals
- Automation - Streamline repeatable build and operational support practices that scale with technology changes
- Develop database high availability and replication solutions to meet the requirements of high tier applications
- Gain technical depth and breadth with new features, products and tools to serve as a subject matter expert for the EDM organization
- Drive adoption of standard operational practices to deliver highly available solutions
- Participation with an on-call DBA rotation
- Ability to take a lead role in projects that have a broad impact. Strong Customer Service Focus
- Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of database (DB) technologies experience
- 3+ years of Logical + Physical Data Modeling experience
- 5+ years of experience in supporting software development life cycle for large-scale distributed technology projects and migrations
- 2+ years of experience working with large data sets, transactional platforms, or a combination of both
- 7+ years of experience in database design and administration
We Value Diversity
- Experience building and supporting a MongoDB Ops Manager environment
- Experience supporting MongoDB databases scaled across data centers
- Experience supporting MongoDB Shards
- Experience with Pearl and/or Java scripting
- Experience with backup and restore of MongoDB databases using LVM snapshots and Ops Manager backups In-depth understanding of MongoDB HA strategies, including replica sets
- Experience in writing MongoDB Schema using Mongos Experience with setting and tuning MongoDB system parameters
- Experience using MongoDB Ops Manager
- Experience with Jira and Agile delivery In-depth understanding of Replication and HA strategies
- 4+ years of MongoDB experience
- 2+ years of MongoDB Ops Manager experience
- 6+ years of supporting highly available distributed databases
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 2+ years of supporting database implementations in a regulated banking or financial industry
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
- Agile Methodology
- Attention To Detail
- Backup And Restore