To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
580 Westvaco Road
Green River, WY 82935
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Business Partner-Labor Relations *
Genesis Alkali LLC • Green River, WY
Posted 1 day ago
Genesis Alkali is the world’s largest natural soda ash mine and production site, offering a secure, reliable and diverse range of high-quality product choices. Alkali mines and processes trona ore and manufactures soda ash that is used in the production of glass, detergents, chemical manufacturing, pulp and paper production, and water treatment. It also produces sodium bicarbonate and other chemical compounds used in common industrial, agricultural, and household applications. Our main Alkali operations are in Green River, Wyoming, home of the world's largest trona ore deposit, with a corporate office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Genesis Alkali, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Energy, L.P., (NYSE: GEL). Genesis Energy is a growth-oriented master limited partnership headquartered in Houston, Texas. Through four divisions: offshore pipeline transportation, sodium minerals and sulfur services, marine transportation and onshore facilities and transportation, we provide an integrated suite of services to refineries, oil producers, and industrial and commercial enterprises. For more information visit www.genesisenergy.com or alkali.genesisenergy.com.
Why Join Genesis Alkali?
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Vision, Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care) and Health Savings Accounts, and Pre-paid Legal, beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan – Company makes Safe Harbor matching contributions (fully vested) of 100% up to the first 5% of eligible pay you contribute; additionally, Company makes discretionary contributions (three year vesting) of 5% of eligible pay, for a total of 10% Company contributions
- Tuition reimbursement program covering 100% of approved courses based on academic performance
- Numerous company discounts
Posting Title:HR Business Partner-Labor Relations
Internal Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Green River, WY
Pay Grade(s): 16-18
Position Summary: The Labor Relations position is a critical role in the human resources department in Green River, WY. Reporting to the Labor Relations Manager, the chosen candidate will administer the collective bargaining agreement and related documents. This role serves as a business partner for vital operational units consisting of one director and seven unit managers. Building relationships with these client groups and Union leadershipis essential as advising, coaching, and identifying areas for positive change are major components of this position. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in the legal and technical side of union contracts with two years dealing directly with the labor contract. Experience in a company with a bargaining unit of a minimum of 400 employees is desirable as is an individual who has operational/front line leadership experience and took the initiative to obtain formal education in industrial relations. This position offers that opportunity to grow and develop with a strong company while contributing to the success of union relations.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the labor relations activities for assigned client groups
- Analyze the collective bargain agreement and related documents/practices to interpret the intent, spirit and terms of the contract
- Advise management and union officials on the development, application and interpretation of labor relations policies and practices
- Provide leadership and direction on the labor relations strategy and desired culture for the site
- Participate in labor contract negotiations
- Assist in preparing for contract negotiations including contingency planning
- Represent the company in the grievance process
- Compile information on grievances, arbitrations or other labor/management disputes to determine points of issue and paths to resolution utilizing knowledge of the business, past practice and applicable law
- Provide guidance for consistency of contract administration and disciplinary actions
- Investigate or supervise the investigation of violations of company policies and/or performance guidelines
- Monitor and facilitate the implementation of policies concerning wages, hours and working conditions to ensure compliance to labor contract terms
- Complete reports on cases, findings, and issues for management review
- Support the site's ISO 9000 efforts
- Assist with HR department responsibilities as required
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Labor and/or Industrial Relations froman accredited 4-year college or university OR high school diploma or equivalent (such as the GED) from an accredited educational institution with 5 years of relevant functional labor relations experience
- Generally requires 3 years of relevant functional direct labor relations experience
- Intermediate MS Office skills
- Ability to learn new information quickly
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Experience with making decisions with little information
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to analyze data and compile reports
- Experience with industrial unions (Steel Workers, Teamsters, Mining)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Labor and/or Industrial Relations from an accredited 4-year college or university
- Experience in an operations position of a unionized company
- Experience in a mining or heavy manufacturing environment
Genesis Alkali is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or citizenship.