Opportunities with NewWest Physicians. Bring your passionfor health care to New West Physicians in Colorado, a team committed toproviding excellent service to every patient… every time. We're not only one ofthe largest physician groups in Colorado with 21 offices throughout the DenverMetro area - we're also part of Optum, a nationwide family of nearly 45,000dedicated physicians working together to help people live their healthiest lives.That means we're backed by the resources of a global health care organizationworking to help people live healthier lives and help make the health systemwork better for everyone. For four consecutive years, New WestPhysicians achieved Elite status - the highest ranking - in the America'sPhysician Groups Standards of Excellence Survey. In addition, New WestPhysicians was selected as one of the 2017 Million Hearts® Hypertension ControlChampions by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and was the 2015recipient of AMGA's National Acclaim Award recognizing high performing medicalgroups bringing the American health care system closer to the ideal deliverymodel: one that's safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, andequitable. It's all possible because of our highly qualified, board-certifiedfamily practice and internal medicine physicians, hospitalists, cardiologists,gastroenterologists, psychiatrists, endocrinologists, neurologists, physicianassistants, nurse practitioners and more. If this sounds like the place foryou, it's time to take a closer look at New West Physicians and discover a pathto your life's best work.(sm)
We are offering a $2,000 sign on bonusfor new hires! Our practice is open Monday- Friday 8am-5pm and we are locatedat 7950 Kipling Street in Arvada.
- Assist providers with examinations, minor surgical procedures and physicals
- May be required to perform certain tasks alone as instructed. These procedures may include but are not limited to:
- Medical Duties: Injections, sterile field set up, EKG, application of dressings and splints, PFT's, mass removal, flexible sigmoidoscopy, pap smears, pulse oximetry, orthostatic blood pressures, audiograms, spirometry, eye testing and care of basic lacerations
- Laboratory Duties: venipuncture, urinalysis, pregnancy tests, rapid strep and flu tests, mono and blood glucose, FIT testing
- Care of emergency walk-in patients. Assist patients anytime need is apparent
- Schedule patients for ancillary testing, therapy, specialist visits and hospital admissions
- Assist with triage of telephone calls for providers
- Take pharmacy messages for prescription refills and process according to office procedures
- Assist with maintenance of patients' files, records and other information
- Assemble patient information packets and monitor inventory of packets
- Work closely with all insurance companies
- Assist with ordering of medical supplies
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognizedfor your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give youclear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as providedevelopment for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Certified medical assistant or graduate from an accredited medical assistant program
- CPR certified or willing to obtain certification within 30 days of employment
- Microsoft Office proficiency
Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- 1+ years medical assistant experience in patient care
- Experience with electronic health records
Proof of immunity tovaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
© 2019 OptumCare. All rightsreserved.
OptumCare is committed to creatingan environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for theirpatients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business supportservices to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part ofOptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees havecomplete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patientcare. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control thepractice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of theirphysicians.
Diversitycreates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practicesare Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, maritalstatus, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCareand its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates arerequired to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medical Assistant, Arvada, Westminster, Broomfield, Thornton, Lakewood, CO, Colorado