Healthcare isn't just changing. It's growing more complexevery day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challengesand financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcareorganizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. Andthat's what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We're a dynamic new partnershipformed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part ofthe growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage our compassion, ourtalent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a fullsuite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you're looking for a better place to use your passion,your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's anopportunity to do your life's best work. SM
- Admit patients to the facility and provide informationregarding the facility's regulations and policies; such as Patient Bill ofRights, Health Care Proxy, NY State Laws, etc
- Conduct interviews to obtain demographics, insuranceinformation etc. and enter data into the registration system
- Communicate the Collection Policy to patients
- Collect and document co - pays and / or deductiblesreceived at point - of - service
- Obtain appropriate signatures on medical, legal andfinancial forms
- Prepare charts, registration forms and print identificationchart labels and patient identification wristband
- Forward required items to patient care unit
- Use Tele Tracking to assign beds for maternity patients
- Escort all patients to the patient care unit postregistration
- Use Surgical Information System (SIS) to retrieve scheduledsurgical, cardiology and pre - surgical testing cases
- Complete outpatient registrations for scheduled pre -admission testing, Obstetric Check and Call (OCC) and limited outpatientprocedures
- Complete Death Register and Fetal Demise Registerinformation and follows procedures regarding the disposition of records anddistribution of information
- Facilitate the release of remains on all expired patients
- Perform a variety of diverse office / clerical dutiessupporting the department's operations; including, but not limited to,answering telephone, maintaining files, sorting mail, keeping inventory ofsupplies, and informing management of all activities, needs and problems
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance inan environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what ittakes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other rolesyou may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in customer service
- Experience with Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates) and Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables)
- Ability to work 37.5 hours per week with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule and work 11 PM to 7 AM, various days during the week and every other weekend
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group - approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- Experience in Hospital Patient Registration Department, Physician's office setting, Healthcare Insurance Company, revenue cycle vendor, and / or other revenue cycle - related role
- Understanding of Insurance Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Experience in EMR (Electronic Medical Records)
- Experience in requesting and processing financial payments
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Full - Time Access Service Representative - Overnight Shift - Manhasset, NY
Careers with Optum360. At Optum360, we're on the forefront of health care innovation. With health care costs and compliance pressures increasing every day, our employees are committed to making the financial side more efficient, transferable and sustainable for everyone. We're part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of companies, making us part of a global effort to improve lives through better health care. In other words, it's a great time to be part of the Optum360 team. Take a closer look now and discover why a career here could be the start to doing your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Optum, Northwell, Manhasset, customer service, patient, registration, medical, clinical, hospital, admit, admitting, hiring immediately
Electronic Medical Record