Assistant Store Manager Verizon Retailer - Victra (TX-Houston Southwest)Full-time
Victra is the largest authorized retailer of Verizon in the United States. Our Assistant Store Managers guide, coach, and motivate sales teams and partner with the General Manager to operate the store. You will ensure we are delivering on our promise to serve every guest, every time in our highest volume stores. Assistant Managers are our next Store Managers and you'll receive on-the-job training to be prepared for career advancements. Align with our values? Want to learn more about our culture? Explore this tremendous opportunity to join our winning team!
A Day in the Life:
On a typical day, you will take care of your guests and confirm that your coworkers have what they need. You will lead by example on the sales floor. Your interactions with customers will show your coworkers how it's done. You will coach them one on one and motivate them to reach the next level of performance. You will also be responsible for some daily operational tasks and will lead your team when the General Manager is away.
We have developed a Safety Pledge focused on keeping our guests and essential workers safe:
* Both employees and guests receive face coverings
* We limit the number of guests in the store to reinforce social distancing
* Sanitize touch points prior to each use
* Learn more on our Covid-19 Page
Assistant Store Manager Responsibilities:
* Achieve personal sales goals as set by Store Manager and monthly commission plan
* Represent the store in a positive manner while providing excellent customer service
* Serve as mentor and model for sales consultants in behavior and sales performance
* Learn all Victra/Verizon products and promotions
* Assist managers in driving specific goals and reaching storewide goals
* Prepare sales contracts and accept and process payments from customers
* Advise customers and promote sales by showing the features and benefits of Victra/Verizon services
* Maintain sales records for inventory control
* Take special care of store presentation and maintain store cleanliness
* Learn and assist store manager with all operational duties for store management
* Maintain loss prevention and inventory control standards and enforce all Victra policies and procedures
* Other duties as assigned
Talking to others in a customer-facing role is nothing new to you. We are looking for an Assistant Store Manager to bring:
* High School Diploma, Associates Degree preferred
* Background in customer service within the retail, restaurant, or wireless industry preferred
* 1-2 years of experience in a Customer Service or leadership role
* Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
* All Assistant Store Managers are required to attend and successfully complete a 4-day New Hire University (NHU) training program within 2 weeks of their official start date. This class may include overnight travel at the company's expense
* All Assistant Managers are required to attend and successfully complete a 3-day Store Manager University (SMU) training program within 30 days of completing NHU. This class may include overnight travel at the company's expense
* Various online and computer-based training will be required throughout employment with Victra
* This position is full-time and non-exempt
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - and we celebrate our employees' differences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity, gender expression, and transgender), marital status, sexual orientation, sex stereotype, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, and genetic information. Different makes us better.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of the position and the duties, responsibilities and skills required may change without notice.
TX-Houston SouthwestBy applying to this job, you are providing express written consent to receive communications, including text messages, that may be generated by automatic telephone dialing/texting systems by or on behalf of Fixit Mobile at the cellular telephone number you provided in connection with your application. You understand and agree that these communications may concern your application and employment interests with Victra. You do not need to consent to receive these communications as a condition of participating in the application process. To remove yourself from further text messages, reply stop after you receive any text message from Victra.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service
- Loss Prevention
- Restaurant Operation