Kelly Scientific Resources is searching for a candidate with great customer service experience, as well as experience with inventory control in a warehouse environment. The chosen candidate will be working with a global life science company in Ipswich, MA as a Site Technician.
POSITION PROFILE (Basic Purpose of Position):
- The Technician is responsible for carrying out routine tasks at a customer site, all of which may include: receiving, point of use replenishment (inventory), production packaging, cylinder delivery, pickup, waste disposal and glass washing.
- Must be cognizant of and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and regulatory requirements.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Listed in order of importance):
- Facilitates orders for consumable lab inventory replenishment
- Receives inbound shipments from UPS, FedEx, and other common carriers
- Responsible for handling hazardous material
- Manages customer’s warehouse inventory
- Handles and manages chemicals
- Maintains and checks safety stations
- Basic shipping duties
- May require traveling between customer sites
- Updating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications):
- High school diploma or GED required or equivalent experience
- 1+ years experience in material handling/inventory replenishment or customer service
- Spill containment training, IATA, DOT, IMDG and OSHA Right to Know a plus
- Previous experience working in a GMP facility a plus
- Knowledge of scientific products and services
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently):
- Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills; display a professional can-do attitude
- Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and quality
- Ability to understand and follow site protocols, policies and procedures
- Must be flexible, forward- thinking, motivated, and have the ability to act independently
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Problem-solving skills
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions):
The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Typically works in an office, stockroom, or warehousing environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level. The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height, reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull. Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Associates use both hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating as well as both feet for repetitive movement operating foots controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect
with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Personal Protective Equipment
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)