Job Posting Title
Recruiting Start Date
Recruiting End Date
Open Until Filled
Aloha mai! Mahalo for your interest in Kamehameha Schools. If you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your skills and talents and grow in your profession, while serving and strengthening our Native Hawaiian community, we would love to have you join our ?ohana!
Kamehameha Schools Kapalama Campus Athletics program is hiring for Coaches to support our Softball Program. These are a temporary positions for this school year 2022-2023, with tentative season dates of February 2023 - May 2023.
Positions we are hiring for:
* Assistant Coach, Varsity I
* Head Coach, Intermediate
* Assistant Coach, Intermediate
Responsible for the coordination or for assisting with the coordination of the Kamehameha Athletic Sports program. This includes coaching, instructing students and performing other duties necessary to the development of players and teams, which demonstrates skills and values in keeping with Kamehameha's philosophy of athletics.
* Demonstrates thorough knowledge of sport including knowledge of all rules and regulations; skills, tactics and techniques. Translates sports knowledge to athletes and develops and evaluates athlete's and team's performance and progress. Teaches individual and team skills to athletes. Identifies observable outcomes besides just winning and losing. Assists athletes to reach their full potential. Has the ability and patience to develop athletes. Addresses athletes' individual needs (not at the expense of the entire team).
* Organizes and supervises well-planned, safe and efficient practices and games by utilizing coaching staff effectively and efficiently. Prepares team for games/matches/meets.
* Conducts self in an ethical and professional manner and presents self as a positive role model for the athletes. Respects athletes and motivates and inspires players. Displays encouraging conduct and has a positive attitude with athletes.
* Develops team concept in student-athletes within values-driven framework of the KS organization. Promotes sportsmanship and respect for game rules and respect for officials. Provides a good balance between skill development and team concepts. Addresses each player as part of a team.
* Assists athletes to reach their full potential. Provides an enjoyable environment and experience.
* Handles administrative responsibilities such as resolving disciplinary issues appropriately and effectively; ensuring student-athlete medical and academic eligibility; and completing other administrative responsibilities timely and responsibly. (e.g. grade checks, student-athlete records, timesheets, human resources requirements). Acts responsibly with regards to equipment, uniforms, etc. such as assisting equipment and locker room personnel as necessary; assisting with planning and budgeting for the sport; and inventorying equipment.
* Communicates effectively with athletes, parents, faculty, administrators, other coaches, and the community as appropriate. Gets appropriate results to school and media timely. Promotes program in the local and state communities.
Minimum Qualifications - A combination of education and experience may be substituted for the requirements listed.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Minimum of 1 year experience in coaching.
* National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Fundamentals of Coaching Certification.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to relate effectively with a variety of individuals to include students, coaches, other KS staff, physicians, parents, teachers and administrators.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities simultaneously.
* Previous coaching experience.
* Ability to work flexible hours to include evenings and weekends on a frequent basis.
* Various high school or collegiate athletic participation
* High school or collegiate coaching experience
* Sensitivity to Hawaiian culture and Christian values.
* Physical Activity such as walking, standing, dancing, running, bending, crouching, reaching, lifting, carrying, etc.
* This position may involve traveling to various locations, including neighbor islands to conduct business.
* Work is conducted in an office/school environment and may require work to be conducted in non-standard workplaces.
* Work is typically conducted Monday through Friday at normal business hours but evening and weekend hours are often required to meet goals and objectives.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
For internal use only: #LI-CA
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Softball Coaches
if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- Financial Management
- Human Resources