To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Global Payments Inc. • Rochester, NY
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Summary:Being a Product Manager is a challenging yet exciting position which has interaction and influence across all areas of the organization. A Product Manager works closely with Sales, Marketing, Client Services and R&D in order to maximize the value we deliver to our customers.
As a Product Manager you are responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle. This includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working primarily with product development teams to deliver product releases. You will also work closely with Sales and Customer Services teams to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met along with ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
You must be able to effectively communicate with all areas of the company including internal stakeholders as well as with external customers. You must enjoy spending time to understand company, customers’ and prospects’ problems and needs. The Product Manager will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers and prospects.
As a Product Manager you are in a position of influence not authority therefore excellent collaboration skills are needed. You must be able to work with and positively influence differing groups and unique personalities to deliver the product vision. You will be required to successfully lead discussions where differing and possibly conflicting business needs must be resolved. You must enjoy the challenge of bringing people to a common vision.
Depending on the product and that product’s development method, the Product Manager may also be the Product Owner in SCRUM Development. The candidate must understand SCRUM Development and the role of a Product Owner.
- Define, manage and communicate current and future product strategy and roadmap
- Work with and manage stakeholders on feature requests and prioritization
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Work with and lead product delivery teams to develop and release successful products
- Where required, successful usage of SCRUM development processes as a Product Owner for a cross-functional SCRUM team
- Create and manage to project plans
- Coordinate all release related activities across departments including documentation, marketing, internal training, customer support and operations
- Identify market requirements for current and future products by interacting with internal stakeholders as well as conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- As needed coordinate product related communications with internal and external customers
- Assist in developing product marketing strategies while working closely with the Sales & Marketing teams
- Ensure customer satisfaction and product usability by managing Beta & Pilot programs
- Create and apply new ideas to promote products that suit the company’s business model
- Act as a leader within the company
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, and eight to ten years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of K-12 food service industry experience desired
- Exceptional people, communication and collaboration skills to support working in a complex, multi-faceted business
- Ability to manage a heavy workload in a demanding environment
- A comprehensive knowledge of technology and its application in the K-12 market
- Excelling written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to write clear market-driven product requirements and/or user stories
We are an EOE F/M/D/V.
Global Payments, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.