Wildewood Downs, Columbia's luxury Retirement Community, is now accepting applications for a Maintenance Technician I.
Why work for us:
- Occasional weekends (very few)
- No mandatory On-Call
- Better working environment (not continuously in an attic or crawl space)
- Less Wear and tear on your body.
This position assists all maintenance personnel in the short term, preventative and emergency maintenance programs for the buildings, grounds and equipment at the campus. This position supervises special projects, handles compliance issues when needed and performs independent tasks. Responsibilities will include the completion of all assigned work orders, maintenance projects and preventive maintenance measures under the supervision of the Director of Facility Services.
Experience and Skills:
A. Education, Licenses and Certifications:
- High school graduation or GED required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record as specified by the Company and by the Company’s automobile insurance carrier.
B. Direct Previous Experience
- Mechanical or maintenance experience required.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Exhibit efficient computer skills.
D. Physical Abilities:
- Work outdoors and indoors during the work day.
- Climb up to five flights of stairs.
- Ability to use hand tools, automatic / electrical machinery, carts, and dollies.
- Ability to climb extension ladder up to and above roof height.
- Lift objects of 25 pounds or less over the head.
- Move objects of 100 pounds or more.
- Ability to swim at least 25 yards.
- Ability to work under time-sensitive or stressful situations.
- Respond to medical emergencies on a rare occasion.
- Assist with resident evacuations, if ever required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (Full-Time Team Members Only)
Wellness Program (Full-Time Team Members Only)
Flexible PTO Options
PTO Cash Out
Generous PTO Program
401(k) with Company Match
Education Investment Scholarship Program