To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Woodbury, NJ 08096
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Physician Medical Director, Hospice
BAYADA Home Health Care • Woodbury, NJ
Posted 2 months ago
Physician Medical Director - Hospice
BAYADA at Inspira | Hospice is currently seeking a Physician Medical Director to manage hospice services in our New Jersey Gloucester Hospice office, located in Woodbury, NJ. This office services Gloucester, Camden, Cumberland, and Salem counties in NJ.
As Physician Medical Director, you will actively collaborate with office and field staff to ensure excellent client service, clinical care, quality and adherence to policies, procedures, hospice eligibility documentation, and Medicare Conditions of Participation. You will also manage hospice Associate Medical Directors, consulting physicians, and collaborating mid-level providers, with a goal of improving access to hospice services through business development, networking, and educational outreach to physicians, hospitals, facilities and community groups.
Responsibilities for Physician Medical Director - Hospice include:
- Responsible for the palliation and management of the terminal illness and conditions related to the terminal illness of hospice clients.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team (IDG) meetings to coordinate all aspects of the hospice care, including participation in initial and ongoing IDG comprehensive assessments.
- Certify and recertify client eligibility for hospice care in accordance with applicable Medicare hospice regulations.
- Ensure that the hospice plans of care are medically appropriate and consistent with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Assist with admissions, recertifications, and discharges in consultation with client’s attending physician and in accordance with Medicare hospice regulations and/or state requirements.
- Be a medical resource to hospice staff, clients, families, and attending physicians regarding pain and symptom control management.
- Develop strategies to build relationships with local physicians, which shall include educating physicians on BAYADA at Inspira | Hospice's services and its medical policies and procedures, and act as a liaison to physicians in the community.
- Improve access to hospice services through business development, networking, and educational outreach to physicians, hospitals, facilities and community groups.
Qualifications for Physician Medical Director - Hospice include:
- Duly licensed to practice medicine or osteopathy without restriction in the state of New Jersey and shall provide proof of current licensure.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited and approved medical program as indicated by school transcript or diploma, and as required by state regulations.
- Have extensive knowledge of the ethical and professional standards of the medical profession; applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, including those related to the health and safety of clients; hospice policies and procedures; and accreditation and certification requirements.
- Must maintain a valid registration with the Drug Enforcement Administration ('DEA') and any applicable state agency without any limitations on the authority to prescribe drugs under such registration. Must provide current proof of registration upon request.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years recent, verifiable, related clinical experience, preferably at least one (1) year in hospice, palliative, or home care.
- Hospice and palliative care experience required.
- Palliative Care Certification strongly preferred.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
- Benefits may include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid time off; weekly pay and direct deposit; scholarship opportunities; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
BAYADA at Inspira is the result of an affiliation between BAYADA Home Health Care and Inspira Health Network. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities from more than 300 offices in 23 states. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.