Grady Health System offers many career paths for experienced professionals. Whether you have many years of experience or are in the early stages on your career, you can find a rewarding career at Grady!
Observes, evaluates, reports, interprets and records electrocardiogram (EKG) recordings for monitored patients. The Telemetry Monitor Technician provides indirect patient care to adolescents through the adult patient population. The Telemetry Monitor Technician under the supervision of the Registered Professional Nurse and or/the Physician is responsible for providing age-appropriate, culturally and ethnically sensitive care, maintaining a safe environment, collecting information, communicating effectively and utilizing technology. The role of the Telemetry Monitor Technician also includes patient advocacy. QUALIFICATIONS
• High school diploma or GED
• An EKG certification or equivalent
In lieu of EKG Certification, Telemetry Certification, Cardiac Monitoring Certification, Arrhythmia Analysis Certification, Cardiac Sonography Certification, or Patient Care Technician (PCT) Certification with evidence of
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required or must be completed within 30 days of employment.
• Requires successful completion of an EKG Interpretation Exam with a passing score as determined by the valid and reliable testing source/program used.
• Demonstrate ability to use a computer Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Patient Care Technician
- Cardiac Monitoring
- Patient Advocacy