What you will do
Under specific direction is responsible for the sale of Johnson Controls Security & Fire offerings to owners and electrical contractors primarily at the Director level. Promote the Johnson Controls value proposition to building owners by providing technical solutions and operational expertise. Builds and manages long term customer relationships/partnerships with target and managed accounts. Responsible for customer satisfaction. Positions renewable service agreements as the foundation of managed account relationships. Executes the sales process to cultivate and manage long-term relationships and seeking out, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities. Obtain and close sales on a monthly basis. Seeks to expand the depth and breadth of Johnson Controls offerings within an account.
How you will do it
- Builds partnering relationships with the assigned accounts to drive the penetration of the Security and Fire Systems and Services offering. Maintains frequent face-to-face contact with the customers who most directly influence penetration. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Addresses concerns and performance lapses. Understands the customer's business and speaks their language. Develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- With assigned contractors, makes take-offs and bids the full spectrum of projects with the full spectrum of JCI offerings. With assigned consulting engineers, drives specifications of the full spectrum of projects towards the JCI offering. With assigned owner accounts, drives favorable specification.
- Keeps management informed of progress and account status. Calls for assistance from manager to keep the sales process moving.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge by writing the specification or matching the proposal to the building specifications to provide value to the customer and favorably position Johnson Controls.
- Under direction, qualifies and assesses potential customers. Teams with colleagues on individual projects based on account assignments. Honors the credit split guidelines and refers leads to other business segments.
- Develops relationships with internal operations and administrative staff to ensure customer satisfaction, and effectively and efficiently address issues.
- Manages receivables balances in line with JCI objectives and policies.
- Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff to ensure customer satisfaction. Develops relationships with Solution and Service sales organization to exceed customers' expectations.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively to plan and document progress as well as increase penetration of accounts.
- Participates in professional organizations.
What we look for Required
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive field sales experience.
- Excellent initiative and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or related discipline strongly preferred.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law
. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou
Customer Relationship Management
Modify Spend Target
Deliver Compelling Sale Presentation