Be a part of something powerful at America's premier energy provider!
At Exelon, we are united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better. We know the future is in our hands. That's why we're looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation's largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities; Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it's powering lives, supporting communities or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking and inspired. We are empowered to evolve and advance our careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come and stay. We know that investing in our employees' futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives and health and retirement benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Candidate will possess the experience and skills to serve and support in a lead role as a SME of Cloud Network Solutions. Must possess expert ability to design and drive high priority network initiatives and projects in both cloud and hybrid cloud models. Must have the ability to evaluate network infrastructure and connectivity solutions and make recommendations to migrate applications and data workloads to a Cloud based model. Demonstrated expertise to design, configure, and deploy state of the art cloud network infrastructure and connectivity solutions to support storage and server virtualization technologies, software defined datacenter technologies, hyper-converged datacenter hardware solutions, and software tools to manage and maintain Cloud environments. SME will work in collaboration with leadership, enterprise business partners, vendors and project teams.Lead the development of documentation and tools to enable support organizations to resolve technical issues, including complex Cloud architecture, design, and service related issues. Provide technical leadership to project managers and stakeholders about migrating and transitioning applications to Cloud based services and operating and maintaining applications once migrated. Design repeatable Cloud computing and hosting solutions in areas like: Disaster Recovery, Web Hosting, and Development/QA Environments; and handle special projects or initiatives when required. Work closely with vendors and carriers when necessary.This person will share deep technical network knowledge, guidance, and mentoring for high visibility Cloud solutions, implementations, and migration initiatives for the enterprise network. Strong ability to provide high-value through deep network engagement, requirements, design, implementation, integration, performance, optimization, and support of Cloud technology solutions that align with business and overall infrastructure enhancement needs / requirements.Serve as SME in development of metrics and implementation of same. Must have a thorough understanding and strong demonstration of network infrastructure design, data center trends, technologies and how they strategically intersect with business requirements and mesh with the enterprise journey into Cloud technologies. The selected candidate will provide leadership during high visibility Cloud migration initiatives and technical guidance/mentoring others. At times they will be required to work in a highly autonomous manner.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead the network assessment, design, connectivity, and process for connecting to the various cloud vendors. Provide consulting, guidance and recommendations to senior leadership. Conduct technical discovery sessions with vendors and customers. Oversee and coordinate business projects, planning, maintenance, and network connectivity for one or more major Business Units. Participate in the design, configuration, and deployment of a Cloud network and assist with the migration of existing applications to new cloud hosting platforms. Provide SME-level network analysis, design, consultation with leadership, project teams and end users to identify network runtime requirements and perform feasibility analysis on potential changes related to security and network architecture. (30%)
- Work closely with leadership to develop future plans, resource requirements, migrations strategies, and project schedules. Provide input into presentations and/or Engineering and Architecture Review Boards. Participate in potential refactoring, rebuild, or redesign required during Cloud migration. Create documentation to install, replace, and upgrade network cloud components. Understand technologies and service offerings. Create requirements document, SOW, logical & physical network diagrams, and implementation plans to integrate in customers' environments. (25%)
- Provide Cloud product & service evaluation, testing, lab and mockup solutions as needed. Serve as subject matter expert while leading in the Hybrid Cloud enterprise journey encompassing ongoing architecture, design, planning, configuration, implementation, testing, and documentation of the enterprise network. Lead assigned network integration projects and deployments and ensure solutions are delivered to meet business requirements. Responsible for analysis and implementation of cloud network solutions at the component level, including hands-on configuration, troubleshooting and optimization and metrics for same. (25%)
- Design and recommend solutions to risks identified during business impact analysis, site risk assessments and disaster recovery planning. Perform custom network integration with Cloud platform specific to the needs of the customers. Maintain relevancy and knowledge in current cloud, evolving, emerging networking technologies. (15%)
- Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within our own discipline or function. Provide performance evaluations, career development feedback as necessary (5%)
- Position interacts with all levels of employees, including executives, vendors, involved in the cloud network design, connectivity, maintenance, review, approval, testing and communication of business plans and cloud connectivity plans.
- Position has expertise in Cisco Networks
- Position has senior level expertise in network routing, switching, firewall and communication platforms, and tools/systems associated with these functions.
- Has budget responsibility for a small project, sub-project or process component.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Mentors junior-level team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Networking
- At least 10 years' experience in network communications, network planning, cloud computing, disaster/recovery, or comparable professional job experience.
- Demonstrated consulting, presentation, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of network routing, switching and security protocols
- 24/7 on-call rotational duties.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Cisco Certified Internet Engineer (CCIE) certification.
- Master's Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional CISSP
- Business Continuity Planning
- Business Requirements
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Certified Project Management Professional