To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Beaumont, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CH2M & Jacobs • Beaumont, TX
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
With 2017 revenues of approximately $15 billion, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company now has nearly 74,000 employees that help us prosper in diverse industries by holding true to our values and culture. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, our global network spans more than 230 offices in countries across North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Africa and Asia.
The companys service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
Journeyman level; has comprehensive understanding of chemical engineering principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application. Works under minimal supervision, work is reviewed for accuracy upon completion.
- Works safely in all aspects of the job, including in the office and any site location
- Responsible for performing all aspects of process engineering and design
- May provide some technical guidance to less experienced process engineering and design personnel
- Develops designs that require innovation and ingenuity
- Participates in the design of a process unit, including establishing process design basis, development of process options and optimization of selected design
- Calculates and organizes data for process flow sheets (PFDs & P&ID's) including instrumentation and control considerations
- Models chemical and refining processes and unit operations
- Prepares specifications and operating parameters for process equipment including distillation columns, pressure vessels, pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, and fired heaters
- Develops process flow diagrams (PFDs) and heat and material balance to define project scope
- Prepares sizing calculations for pressure relieving devices for system over pressure protection
- Performs hydraulic calculations for fluid and vapor circuits
- Maintains effective communication with project team members
- 6 to 10 years of heavy process industry design experience required
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering or a related engineering discipline
- PE registration desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Industry Simulation Tools (Aspen, HYSYS, PRO/II, HTRI, etc.)
- Experience in refining or petrochemical capital projects
- Experience in engineering work processes
Other Essential Functions:
- Keen safety awareness
- This position will involve intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and lifting 20 lbs. or less
- Air travel will occasionally be required
- The individual will be required to visit process industry manufacturing and construction sites for meetings, data gathering and work progress reviews. Occasionally extended visits to such sites will be required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>