Who we are
New Fortress Energy Inc. (NASDAQ:NFE) is one of the world's leading downstream natural gas-to-power companies with a $12+ billion enterprise value. We are a publicly traded, global energy infrastructure company, and a recognized leader in accelerating the world's transition to clean energy.
We develop, finance, and operate natural gas facilities, power plants and logistics to rapidly deliver fully integrated, turnkey energy solutions to our customers. Our energy solutions spur economic growth, enhance environmental stewardship, and transform local industries and communities.
Our world-class team has expertise across power, infrastructure, transportation, logistics and LNG, and we have developed a proven track record building and operating liquefaction facilities, onshore and offshore regasification terminals, pipelines, power plants, and innovative LNG delivery solutions.
As part of our efforts to accelerate the transition to clean energy, we have also launched a cutting-edge initiative - which we call Zero - to replace natural gas with green hydrogen so that our energy solutions produce no carbon emissions within the next 10 years.
We believe that everyone should have access to affordable, cleaner energy. However, billions of people around the planet still lack this critical element for quality of life and economic growth. We are driven by our vision of a world in which electricity is no longer a luxury good, and we are looking for talented, driven individuals to help us light the world with cleaner, more affordable energy solutions.
The Project Controls Associate will be responsible for hydrogen infrastructure related global project's cost controls and contract administration. Position will also work with the project management team in preparation and analysis of the project schedule and master task list. In addition to performing duties as assigned, this position will be primarily focused on developing knowledge regarding scheduling, costing, and concepts related to the industry technology and project management. Individual contributor with no subordinates, willing to travel at least monthly to project sites and otherwise as needed based on project requirements. Prior background of the industry project construction execution is preferred.
What you will do:
* Manage internal project budget/schedule for weekly financial reporting on multiple new development projects.
* Manage monthly forecasts and cash flows, understand forecast variances, develop monthly executive reports.
* Manage monthly vendor invoice review process within invoicing software, including project management review, third party auditing services, and communication with Accounts Payable.
* Responsible for accurate quarterly accrual reporting for all existing PO's, including communication with vendors and Finance.
* Review project financial health with management team each week
* Assist with the financial closeout of internal budgets, Vendor POs, etc.
* Work closely with project site project controls teams to compare financial forecasts and risks are in alignment with schedule updates.
What you bring:
* BA/BS in construction management, engineering, or equivalent.
* 2+ years of field experience is preferred.
* Experience in construction cost forecasting, accrual reporting, Earned Value Management, application for payment reviews, and construction scheduling and planning.
* Experience with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Primavera P6, Asta Power Project.
* Experience with ProCore
* Experience with MS NAV and SAP Ariba
* Experience communicating financial status and schedule details from multiple construction sites to executive management
What we offer
As an NFE employee, you'll enjoy unique benefits including a generous vacation policy; medical, dental, and vision coverage; a healthcare concierge; free short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance; a 401K plan; commuter benefits; team events; healthy snacks; and even an onsite gym.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
New Fortress Energy is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. NFE considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Accrual Accounting
- Cash Management