AIPSO is a management organization and service provider for various insurance industry groups responsible for administering the residual market. We are a national organization that serves local customer needs. Centralization and standardization are key to many AIPSO services because of the inherent economies of scale and other efficiencies. However, our organization is based on customer focus and recognizes the need for flexibility in serving customer groups with diverse interests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists with configuring insurance policy administration outputs and interfaces using SSRS Crystal
Reports/GhostDraft and SQL.
• Assists in defining, designing, developing, testing and documenting automated solutions and interfaces for
third-party software that meet the needs of the customer.
• Consults with customer to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
• Researches and modifies processes to correct errors, including recreating steps taken by user to locate
source of problem.
• Evaluates project requests to determine feasibility, cost and time required, and compatibility with current
• Performs research to determine best solutions that meet user requirements.
• Assists programmer(s) to analyze, review, and alter processes/outputs to increase operating efficiency or
adapt to new requirements.
• Assists programmer(s) to analyze, review, and alter programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to
• May develop or modify programs to meet user requirements.
Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school, or a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field. Additional appropriate experience or training may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Understanding of front and back-office technology, as well as database administration.
• Demonstrates basic knowledge of Windows operating systems.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office productivity tools (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel) to manage work.
• Ability to make recommendations for practical solutions to problems within constraints of the business.
• Effective problem-solving skills, including ability to analyze complex issues, find the root cause of the
problem, and consider a wide range of alternatives before acting.
• Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions from groups or individuals.
• Ability to multi-task and demonstrate flexibility while maintaining attention to detail.
• Demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and interact professionally and effectively in a team environment.
AIPSO is an equal opportunity employer. To this end, all employment related decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis and in full compliance with federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
Agile Software Development