We are seeking a dynamic and motivated District Sales Manager to join our team. The ideal person can reside in either Spokane, Tacoma or the Seattle, WA area. This role will cover the entire state of WA including specific areas of Idaho and Montana. This exciting opportunity is focused on the management of the Outside Sales team and Regional Sales Specialists for selling profitability, sales growth, and market penetration.
Kaman Fluid Power, a platform of Kaman Distribution Group, is a leading provider of motion control products and highly engineered systems and components for precision hydraulic and pneumatic applications. We are committed to providing our customers with the right solutions, focusing on their needs, and exceeding their expectations. Our people are the foundation of our success. The key to sustaining our competitive advantage is by investing in the development of our employees, driving innovation, and providing solutions for a better tomorrow.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work major accounts and/or territory geography with salesman.
- Be familiar with and follow company policies and assure that subordinates do so as well.
- Provide enthusiastic and developmental leadership to sales team and business unit.
- Review sales performance with salesmen quarterly by product line and major customer account.
- Review sales pipeline by salesmen monthly.
- Set objectives by territory, making sure they are realistic and mutually acceptable to salesman and the company.
- Design sales territories and deploy sales resources effectively.
- Develop a working knowledge of all products, including ability to apply and make effective sales presentations.
- Assume full responsibility for training of outside sales personnel (both product and selling skills).
- Conduct regular sales meetings to communicate new product and policy announcements to coordinate and inspire the sales team and to get feedback from the sales staff.
- Provide coaching and tactical support to sales staff.
- Conduct surveys of customer base to identify opportunities for improvement in marketing and sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of Inside/Outside sales experience.
- Familiarity with the distribution industry and fluid power products.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Kaman Distribution Group, is comprised of three business platforms: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 250 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. we recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent. #KDG #KFP