Celebrating over 20 years of growth and success, Turning Stone Resort Casino is a premier year-round, world-class destination resort located just outside of Syracuse, NY. Exceeding 3,400 acres and hosting more than 4.5 million guests a year, Turning Stone offers exceptional experiences, guest service, and amenities in gaming, hospitality, dining, and entertainment.
Our resort features 4 hotels with over 700 rooms and features two AAA 4-Diamond rated, award-winning hotels, The Lodge and The Tower Hotel. We offer over 20 different food outlets which include fine dining, casual restaurants, banquets, convenience food options, and confectionary shops. We offer our guests unique fine dining experiences in our AAA 4-diamond rated restaurant Wildflowers, and our award-winning TS Steakhouse. The Turning Stone Resort Casino is a world-class casino with over 120,000sf of gaming space including slot machines, table games, Poker and High Stakes Bingo. We have award-winning spas, five golf courses (including three nationally-ranked championship courses), an indoor golf training center, and tennis facility, 800 seat cabaret-style Showroom, 5,000-seat Event Center, and more than 100,000sf of banquet and conference space. At Turning Stone we offer the ultimate nightlife experience at EXIT 33, our multi-venue nightlife entertainment complex that features a country-western bar, rock’n’roll club, a lounge & cocktail bar, and our Vegas-style nightclub, LAVA.
We are currently seeking a Help Desk Technician to join our talented Information Technology team!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts first line of support for all calls coming into the Call Center.
- Escalates calls to appropriate support staff in a timely and proficient manner to comply with Service Level Agreements.
- Effectively communicates with the person calling concerning the status of the call and the time a technician is expected.
- For each call that is routed through the Help Desk, creates a ticket at the time of the call.
- Makes follow up calls as required ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Contacts users regarding the best time to schedule required tasks.
- Ensures policies and procedures are followed relative to the Call Center, computer deployment, and decommissioning.
- Ensures procedures are documented by creating any and all necessary documentation for policies and procedures.
- Ensures and provides quality feedback to all departments on areas of concern within the organization.
- Provides support as required or assigned for any Government Contract operations.
- A degree in Computer Science, or other related technical field, and/or equivalent experience of at least two years working in an IT environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with users to provide first level support over the phone.
- Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows 2000, and XP, and basic networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, cabling, wireless, etc.). Must be comfortable supporting administrator-level functionality across operating systems.
- Must have knowledge and experience with corporate infrastructure packages such as Outlook, Citrix MetaFrame, Windows Terminal Services, Active Directory, NDS, and Virus Scanning (local and server-based).
- Must possess knowledge of end-user device hardware support including PCs (CPU, Motherboard, BIOS, NIC, video, sound, PSU, HDD, CD-RW, DVD, FDD), monitor, keyboard, mouse, drivers, firmware, printers, and laptops.
- Must be available to provide support as needed, including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and be able to work on a task, assignment, or bulk of work to completion regardless of shift or duration.
- Must be flexible and willing to work any shift – position is a 24X7 coverage support position.
- Demonstrated experience working with gaming and/or hospitality systems preferred.
- Must possess or be willing and able to obtain a US DOD Secret Clearance.
- At least six years of work experience.
- Extensive experience with PDAs, tablets, thin clients, and retail point-of-sale devices.
- Extensive experience with hardware and software testing in a corporate environment. Testing to include compatibility with legacy systems, functionality, usability, and installation/upgrade.
- HP, MCSE, MCP, or Call Center Certification.
In addition to the ability to work in a state-of-the-art, award-winning environment we also offer the following benefits to Full-Time Employees:
- Exciting Jobs & Great Pay
- Recognition & Career Growth
- Fantastic Health Benefits & Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
Personal Digital Assistant
Citrix Xen App
Server (Computer Science)