To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sacramento, CA 95814
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Insurance Verification Clerk
Surgical Care Affiliates • Sacramento, CA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SCA owns and/or provides management services to 205 ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital surgery departments, in partnership with approximately 2,800 physicians and in affiliation with 105 health systems. SCA's clinical systems, service line growth strategies, benchmarking processes, and efficiency programs create measurable advantage for surgical facilities – clinically, operationally, and financially.
Central Business Office
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Insurance Verification clerk is responsible for ensuring the facility will be reimbursed for the procedures performed by calculating self-pay, costs, verifying eligibility and benefits, obtaining authorizations and comparing procedures scheduled against insurance contracts and approved ASC procedure listings.
- Verify that sufficient information is available for accurate verification and eligibility. This step may require direct contact with the physician office and/or the patient.
- Utilize the centers selected vendor for claims and eligibility and/or individual payer websites to obtain eligibility, benefits and/or pre-certs and authorization information.
- Enter the patient insurance information into patient accounting system ensuring the selection is the appropriate payer and associated financial class.
- Obtain authorizations from insurance companies/physician offices. Ensure complete and accurate information is entered into the patient accounting system and the procedure scheduled, date of service and facility name are on the authorization. Ensure the authorization has not expired.
- Calculate co-pay, and estimated co-insurance due from patients per the individual payer contract and plan as applicable.
- Be familiar with individual payer guidelines and the process of collecting over the counter payments/deductibles/co-pay/co-insurance. Knowledge of payer contracts including Medicare, Medicaid and other government contracts and guidelines and workmen’s compensation fee schedule.
- Contact the patient and communicate the center financial policy
- SCA’s goal for each patient’s Insurance Verification Rep is complete and accurate. The insurance verifier will document the findings in the patient account and will contact the patient with either estimated co-insurance, co-pay and or deductible amounts due on or before the date of service as applicable.
- Document all information and outcomes in the Patient Accounting System.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year College or technical school preferred
- Three – five years’ experience in a medical office, hospital, outpatient surgery center or related field
- Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and Applications
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology
Please send resumes to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]