Radio Host/ Digital Content Writer - KATS
The Legendary Yakima Rock station, KATS-FM is looking for its next Content Creator/Afternoon Show Host Superstar! Come Rock in sunny Yakima, WA.
- This is a Full-time in-office position working closely and collaboratively with a Team*
Townsquare Media Yakima has an open opportunity to host the #1 PM Drive Rock show on 94.5 KATS-FM. Along with great on-air skills, we're looking for a strong content creator and someone to be the champion of the station on the streets - you must be a 360 talent to propel the brand to new heights.
Townsquare is a digital-first company, built in tandem with great radio brands that emphasize great local content and community involvement. You must be excited to embrace and prioritize the digital world alongside the terrestrial and be ready to learn and grow with a world-class team.
Applicants must be social media savvy, regularly contribute great local content to the station's website, mobile app, and all social platforms. Digital is not an afterthought here, it is integral in combination with Radio - and what sets us apart.
The successful candidate must be able to connect and engage with the station's target audience on all platforms. You're ready to put down roots, build local relationships and become a part of the Yakima community - at a driven and innovative company that strongly values our most important asset - our people. We're in it for the long haul, and we're looking for someone that's ready to build and be part of that future.Responsibilities
- Host afternoon drive program and be live on air 3 pm to 7 pm Monday - Friday.
- Spend time each day doing daily show prep.
- Entertains and informs the listener audience both on the air, via digital content, and social media outlets.
- Publish a minimum of 2 original local articles per day on the station website and mobile app.
- Write assigned Facebook posts along with other social media platforms.
- Conducts on-air interviews, attends and assists in all market cluster live events, and produces commercials on a daily basis.
- Conducts Live Remotes and appearances and assist in special promotions and programming activities.
- History of original written digital content
- Knowledge of basic FCC rules and regulations.
- Must have superior knowledge of current events and the Active Rock format.
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels, multi-task, and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Skill in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment.
- Quickly become proficient in NexGen and Adobe Audition.
- Computer literacy in applicable programs and excellent verbal communication skills.
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing.
- 3 weeks of PTO (+ 9 paid holidays)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Casual, high-energy work environment
- Opportunity for upward mobility
- Company provided laptop
- Competitive salary + bonus program
- Company discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Time off for volunteering
Townsquare is a community-focused digital media, digital marketing solutions and radio company focused outside the Top 50 markets in the U.S. Our assets include Townsquare Interactive
, a digital marketing services subscription business providing web sites, search engine optimization, social platforms and online reputation management for approximately 21,900 SMBs; Townsquare IGNITE
, a proprietary digital programmatic advertising technology with an in-house demand and data management platform; and Townsquare Media, our portfolio of 322 local terrestrial radio stations in 67 cities with corresponding local news and entertainment websites and apps including legendary brands such as WYRK.com
, and NJ101.5.com
, along with a network of national music brands including XXLmag.com
.TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Media’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
- Adobe Audition
- Computer Literacy
- Industrial Production
- Problem Solving