This position will be based out of Company’s new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art, 12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office design.
The COO, Company THS provides direct leadership to develop global business strategy, sustain growth and profitable global operations while effectively positioning brand with relevant constituencies and sustaining investment, engagement and development of organization talent.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Drives profitable growth, effective investment in the current and potential contracts/assets on a global basis and ensures long-term vitality of the business via strategy and effective management.
- Shapes and champions the vision and strategy for THS business with particular focus on major revenue and profit streams, client and consumer requirements as well as new business opportunities, product and concept innovations and competitive advantage.
- Sets, recommends and implements business strategy, short- and long-term objectives and goals; develops presents and accomplishes approved annual plan and provides leadership for senior team ensuring plans cascade throughout organization for both domestic and international operations
- Steers and implements changes, refrains self and others from accepting status quo.
- Knows the business model, business drivers and mission, critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job at various levels in management of the organization; learns business practices, operating methods and technologies easily.
- Makes leadership decisions including all issues related to the effective capital expenditures and investment, business operations, talent and human resources and contract/asset acquisition, retention and new revenue streams as it regards THS. Makes independent decisions created by adverse and complex situations.
- Takes a balanced view on contentious issues in the best interest of Company THS. Resolves issues with a ‘whole of the company’ impact.
- Participates in enterprise-level issues strategy, opportunities, decisions and support as a member of the Company leadership team.
- Builds rapport with people and establish relationships while moving towards problem resolution. Uses persuasion and rationale to gain buy-in and commitment to a proposed course of action. Asks the right questions to get issues on the table and ensure that ideas are heard and considered. Works towards consensus by establishing shared goals and win-win solutions.
- Anticipates trends and partners with team to establish strategic/opportunistic plans to address all facets of operations as leader of senior management team.
- Drives profitable and effective operations, strategies and initiatives to ensure relevant and innovative product and service delivery in all properties.
- Establishes effective business model and organization structure to deliver results in all geographies.
- Establishes overarching plans and oversees all facets of business model as leader of senior management team for THS.
- Positions the organization to remain competitive or market leader.
- Ensures effective use of enterprise and subsidiary/geography shared services in delivering business results for THS.
- Communicates effectively at the executive level (both in written and oral forms) using appropriate language in a clear and concise manner with organized and coherent messages. Conveys an air of confidence and ease.
- Develops long-terms strategies based on qualitative and quantitative analysis that move the business to desired profit and competitive state. Ensures short-term and long-term implementation plans are in place and executed to support strategy. Allocates resources, considers roadblocks and enables operational outcomes.
- Goes after a goal with intensity and gets the intended outcomes. Uses fewer than expected resources while still delivering high-quality results. Stresses the importance of achieving results while avoiding the implication that results should be achieved at all costs.
- Ensures THS has systems and controls, policy and processes are in place to achieve enterprise and legislative regulatory requirements including financial, human resources, operating, technology etc.
Team Leadership & Development
- Serves as key leader to ensure recruiting and retention strategies match THS short- and long-term business needs; enables training, coaching, development and direction for associates to achieve the highest level of contribution to organization.
- Establishes and develops a high-performing business culture and facilitates professional development of management team.
- Builds and maintains key relationships with clients, partners, political communities and industry to ensure THS is positioned effectively in the marketplace.
- Builds long-term strategic relationships with clients/customers and keeps the client/customer (internal and external) in the forefront of their thinking at all times. “Takes the heat” for client/customer issues and gives their personal commitment to satisfactorily resolving the issues without over committing.
- An undergraduate degree is preferred. Relevant Master’s Degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Executive/Senior Management role (10 years’ experience); industry experience preferred (Hospitality/Entertainment/Food and Beverage Industries)
- Professional with a minimum of 15 years of management experience in hospitality or related service industry.
- Experience in areas including restaurants, buildings/logistics
- Experience leading/managing in a large Public or Private Company is preferred (i.e., $300 million in revenue or larger)
This position will be located in Buffalo, NY
Travel: 50%-75% including nights and weekends
Customer Relationship Management