To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- La Quinta, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Extra Space Storage, Inc. • La Quinta, CA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Fast-paced and collaborative company with over 1,200 stores (and growing) seeks career-oriented, success-driven, passionate, intelligent and fun store manager for challenges, success and career growth!
Great retail sales environment without the retail hours!
Does this sound to you like a great match? If so, we’re looking for YOU!
Is your enthusiasm and passion for helping people contagious? Why not bring them to a new workplace where you can really make your mark? If you enjoy working with other highly engaged people, a culture that embraces innovation, delivering world class customer service, and the opportunity to grow your career – then Extra Space Storage is the place for you!
At Extra Space Storage, the Store Manager is critical in creating a welcoming environment, creating the cleanest locations in the industry, and identifying customer needs and exceeding their expectations. Extra Space Storage seeks employees that have entrepreneurial, can-do, positive attitudes, adaptability to change, and integrity. If you possess these qualities and want to join a dynamic, growing organization, then we are excited to hear from you!
- Successful Store Managers achieve financial goals by:
Accurately managing cash and balancing receipts, pursuing collections, posting payments and processing daily bank deposits accurately and timely.
- As a Store Manager you’ll work alongside your team to maximize sales objectives with each prospective customer via the phone, web or in person at your location.
- You will have the opportunity to recommend and implement marketing strategies based on competitor information and your own great ideas.
- Our team members consistently practice exceptional customer service by welcoming future and current customers in a friendly, enthusiastic and professional manner.
- Store Managers work with customers to identify their needs and provide solutions that will contribute to their storage experience.
- It is retail, so you will get the chance to sell/upsell high quality retail merchandise such as boxes, locks, tape and other moving supplies.
- Our team members enjoy working outdoors. When not taking care of customers in the office, our Store Managers spend approximately 50% of their time walking and tending to the property to ensure the facility is kept to the highest of cleanliness standards. This includes cleaning units, sweeping, mopping, changing light bulbs and other general maintenance duties.
- Successful Store Managers need to be able to perform at a high level without constant supervision, but also thrives in a team environment.
- Our customers are important. You will get to build a loyal customer base by creating great customer experiences and exceeding customer expectations.
- As a store manager you will manage the day to day operations of the business and provide mentoring opportunities with assistant managers.
- You could have experience from a variety of environments including retail sales, restaurant, sales associate, and other customer-centered selling roles
- Energetic, outgoing, customer oriented personality
- Leadership skills and experience supervising others is preferred.
- A High School diploma /GED equivalent. College education a plus
- Ability to perform light maintenance.
- Strong Computer Skills
- Minimum two year Customer Service and/or Sales experience
- Valid driver’s license with access to reliable transportation
- Willingness to travel to multiple retail locations
- A dynamic growing company
- Competitive pay and benefits
- A rewarding work environment
- Opportunity for advancement
- Great company culture
Note: If you have experience working in any of the following areas, we encourage you to apply: retail, sales associate, customer service, retail jobs, assistant manager, retail sales, retail store, retail management, retail industry, 5 star customer service, sales.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday