Respiratory Therapist-Advanced II AdventHealth Carrollwood
Location Address: 7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33614
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Carrollwood
- Up to $15K sign on bonus
- Family-like culture
- Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
- Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Proactively initiates process improvement ideas. Assists with clinical instruction and new orientee staff precepting, and serves as a resource person to lower level therapists. Supports hospital and department mission, goals, and department metrics. Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations according to hospital policies on a continual basis. Documents and charges for procedures neatly, accurately, thoroughly, and completely to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital.
- Responds to all Code Blue emergencies immediately providing CPR according to the American Heart Association and performs other duties as directed. Performs airway maintenance including: proper use of manual resuscitators, oral and nasal pharyngeal airway insertion, airway suctioning, extubation, assist with tracheostomy insertion, perform tracheostomy tube change, assist with bronchoscopy, and procedural respiratory support.
- Properly utilizes patient assessment skills, protocols, chart review, and conferring with multidisciplinary team to determine efficacy of therapy in a cost and time efficient manner making appropriate recommendations and changes per department protocol. Performs respiratory therapies and oxygen delivery therapies and makes recommendations to the most efficient delivery method per protocol.
- Obtains, analyzes and reports findings of arterial blood gases, and co-oximetry. Performs quality controls as needed. Setup and Performs oximetry, apnea, TC and ETCO2 monitoring as ordered by physician.
- Initiates, maintains, transports, and monitors mechanical ventilators to include conventional and non-conventional modes of ventilation per policy and procedure. Reviews chest radiological reports as necessary per supervisor and policy and procedure
What You Will Need:
What You Will Need:
- ABG Puncture and Analysis
- Basic CPR and airway management
- Oscillatory Chest Physiotherapy Applications
- Application Non-Invasive Oxygen Therapies & devices
- Respiratory Monitoring Pulse oximetry applications
- Medicated Aerosol Therapies, Bronchial Hygiene Therapies, Lung Expansion Therapies
- Basic Spirometry
- Routine Oxygen Delivery, Devices, and Oximetry
- Non Invasive High Flow Therapy
- Non-Invasive Heliox Therapy
- Basic Tracheotomy Care
- Advanced Tracheostomy Care including tracheotomy change & de-cannulation
- Non-Invasive Bilevel Application & Management
- Non-Invasive End Tidal Co2 Capnography Application & Monitoring
- Invasive End Tidal Co2 Capnography Application & Monitoring
- Basic Airway Management, Suctioning
- Advanced Tracheostomy Care/Change out- de-cannulations
- Bronchoscopy Assist
- Advanced Conventional & NON-Conventional Ventilator Management
- Utilize and adapt to State of the Art Technology, Computer Systems and Applications
- Effective Oral and Written Communication.
The Respiratory Therapist Advanced performs all necessary respiratory care procedures associated with acute or critically ill neonatal & pediatric routine care modalities, and mid-level higher acuity adult care modalities and is able to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team. . The advanced care therapist is considered a mid-level respiratory practitioner specializing in higher acuity adult care. Applies the knowledge and skill necessary to provide appropriate interactions with staff, patients, and families of all ages. He/she initiates and maintains appropriate therapy, including life support technique and equipment. Minimum competency in all applicable advanced clinical skills must be exceeded. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
"Insert General Job Summary Here"
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.