Job Title: Systems Administrator
Location: Sandy Springs of Atlanta, Georgia
Terms: Direct Hire
Perm Salary: $70,000.00
Shift: 8:00am - 4:30pm (Monday - Friday)
This is a Direct Hire opportunity to work as a Systems Administrator within our healthcare clients' IT department, you'll be directly responsible for providing implementation, testing and maintenance of our clients local and wide area networks. Additionally, you'll provide day to day server administration, configuration and maintenance of our clients Windows 2008/2012 and Linux Server based environment. Other responsibilities include working with network management tools, assisting in the implementation of applications, and ensuring network backup and security systems.
If you're interested in working with one of the of the Southeast's best health systems that has been recognized for excellence by Forbes, the Atlanta Journal Constitution, and U.S. News & World Report, then keep reading and apply below!
- Provide direct technical support and direction for our clients' technical environment including their VMware 5.5, Windows 2008 & 2012 infrastructure.
- Assist with all program management processes, team meetings, server governance and resource management.
- Plans and implement any major Server, VMware, and Microsoft upgrades and releases ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, SAN systems, DFS, other systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Remotely troubleshoot network related issues with routers and switches in our clients organization.
- Exhibit a broad base of knowledge and skills in network topology, infrastructure, and operating systems to include Windows, Unix (Red Hat), VMware, SAN, Backup, DR/BC, and Exchange.
- Troubleshoot and resolve high tier server issues escalated by technical support.
Upcoming Projects in Our Clients Environment:
- VMware P2V Migration
- Server Move & Data Center relocation
- VMware vSphere 5.5 to 6.0 upgrade
- 3+ years of professional technical experience as a Systems Administrator or Server Administrator in an enterprise environment.
- Proficiency in VMware administration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Server Administration.
- Familiarity with protocols such as IPSEC, TCP/IP, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP etc
- Experience troubleshooting various issues related to network switches and routers in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Hands-on experience with LAN/WAN and network security technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing vulnerability management tools.
- Demonstrated experience in patching servers to ensure security.
- Ability to actively participate in rotating on-call schedule
- Ability to lift up to 25+ pounds.
- Ability to furnish all vaccinations and ability to take a TB Skin test.
- Experience working with PACS or DICOM systems highly valued.
- Experience with SQL Server & Databases
- Prior experience working with a healthcare or hospital organization
- Windows Server Certifications, VMware Certifications, CompTIA Network+, CCNA or other relevant certifications
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Server (Computer Science)