Our client is a global leader in Consumer Products and the distributor for one of the most Iconic Brands Globally. Due to continual growth they are looking for a highly experienced Transportation professional who will manage all of the Import and Export operations coming into their extremely high volume DC south of Atlanta.
The Import/Export Manager leads the air, ocean and ground import and export as well as the US inland transport of container shipments. You will also be responsible for communicating with Global/ Local freight forwarders and US domestic drayage suppliers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors internal and external performance and reports.
- Works collaboratively on corrective action plans with cross functional and Global teams using business intelligence tools.
- Tracks and reports service and Quality performances with detailed analysts and monitors all supplier claims.
- Applies best practices, continuous improvement methodology.
- Ensures compliance for export and import transactions including the completion of export documentation, execution of export license determination, issuance of shipper’s letter of instruction, filing of Electronic Export Information by use of the US Automated Export System (AES) and export record retention.
- Keeps detailed milestone tracking of all business and goods flows.
- Ensures compliance with customer designated and customized routing guides.
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in logistics, supply chain or business administration preferred.
- 8+ years of international import and export logistics experience.
- Proficient in MS Office with very good to excellent skills and / or experience with analytics tools and software.
- Excellent time management, decision making, planning and organizational skills
- Strong comfort in presenting to multiple audiences from C+ executive level to operations teams.
- Ability to meet deliverable deadlines and to clearly and proactively communicate if deadlines may not be met.
- Basic knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements for Transportation
- Business Administration
- Business Intelligence
- Business Process Improvement
- Claim Processing
- Consumer Product