$1,000 Sign-On Bonus*
Community Leasing Associate
ABOUT THIS ASSOCIATE:
At Fairfield Residential, we build communities. Our Leasing Associates are mega-talented and passionate salespeople who embody our core values. From discovering the prospect's needs through matching them with their perfect apartment, our Leasing Associates create better living for better lives.
Our team is searching for a dynamic, top performing salesperson with positive energy, an entrepreneurial spirit, and superior sales and customer service experience. This person is an individual contributor who is driven to close the deal and stays levelheaded amidst prioritizing competing agendas.
Mostly importantly, a Leasing Associate often serves as a prospective resident's first impression of the Fairfield brand. They therefore take pride in their professionalism and speak passionately about our properties. Their successful communication is the reason why residents choose to join our communities.
There is plenty of room for growth in this exciting role on the Fairfield Residential Property Management Team. This position reports to the Community Manager and successful associates may be promoted to Assistant Community Manager.
THIS POSITION MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU:
* YOU ARE A CLOSER with superior sales and customer service skills.
* YOU STAY ON TOP OF IT with admirable time management and organizational skills.
* YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL and embody that in your appearance and demeanor.
* YOU ARE A COMPASSIONATE PROBLEM SOLVER with an insatiable drive to help customers resolve issues.
* YOU KNOW THAT INTEGRITY MATTERS and exhibit a strong adherence to ethical standards including, but not limited to, the ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain fiduciary responsibility.
* YOU ARE DEEPLY SATISFIED by the feeling of joy you get when helping someone find their new home.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE:
* You will be the first point of contact with prospective residents, current residents, vendors or Fairfield associates.
* This position will tour, qualify and sell the property's features to prospective residents.
* Manage the leasing, closing and move in process with our new residents.
* Initial questions most likely come through you first. You must be quick to determine the customer's needs, resolve and/or escalate to a higher level as permitted.
* Fostering new relationships with our customers is vital to the success of this position.
* We look to you to use your customer friendly personality as well as your ability to diffuse/resolve difficult situations while nurturing relationships.
* Using your strong administrative and computer skills, this position will manage various tasks, such as managing lease files, updating necessary paperwork and computer systems, completing marketing/advertising tasks, updating social media sites, etc.
* Keep current on all updates and changes in affordable housing programs and requirements.
* Verify and income and asset verification of tenant files for applicable housing programs (HUD and Tax Credit) for tenant move-in, interim, and/or annual re-certification.
* Ensure the accuracy of the waiting list of applicants for housing to determine applicant eligibility.
* Ensure all applicable housing program regulated forms are on file and properly completed.
* Respond to compliance audit reports and submit changes/corrections.
* Ensure all weekly, monthly, reports are completed on time
* NO WEEKENDS ARE REQUIRED. Monday-Friday.
What you can bring to the role:
* Superior sales and customer service skills.
* Prior leasing experience is helpful.
* Strong time management and organizational skills.
* Strong attention to detail and good follow through.
* Professional appearance and demeanor.
* Superior ability to help our customers and resolve any issues with professionalism and clear communication.
* Strong typing and computer skills as well as knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
* Experience using Yardi or other related property management accounting software is preferred.
* Your ability to manage several tasks at once while remaining detailed and well organized.
* Good follow through is necessary so our customers feel their needs are recognized and met.
* Strong adherence to ethical standards including, but not limited to, the ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain fiduciary responsibility.
What is required:
* 1+ year(s) of experience in sales or customer service
* Experience or knowledge in leasing or real estate a plus
* Would prefer 1-2 years' experience in Affordable Housing/ Tax Credit (LIHTC) but ultimately need someone who is willing to learn
* Strong typing and computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
* Knowledge of tax credit, fair housing, and trade practices a plus
* Experience using Yardi or other related property management accounting software a plus
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* The sign on bonus, less usual deductions, will be paid following the completion of 90 days of employment.
- Accounting Software
- Affordable Housing
- Agenda Development
- Attention To Detail