To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Service Quality Incident Manager
Smiths-John Crane • Houston, TX
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
This position reports to the Director of Global Quality. The Service Quality Manager is responsible for championing the investigation of major incidents across the organization. The Service Quality Manager project manages and executes major, customer facing, service quality incident investigations from point of escalation through to verification of resolution.
Incumbent will partner with other senior leaders across the business, and will be responsible for ensuring that major service quality incidents follow a systematic, full and swift investigation against a robust process across all functions.
The successful individual shall have strong background in customer management and be knowledgeable in claims and warranty processes from a commercial standpoint. The individual will partner with commercial leaders as the point of contact for the customer and the business in major incidents; and will also be responsible for root cause evaluation, risk identification and mitigation and identifying long term strategies for process improvements.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Coordinate major service quality incident investigations and leading the business stakeholders through a robust, holistic and effective investigative process.
- Represents John Crane to the customer as necessary alongside commercial leaders
- Complete initial evaluations and scoping of resources required
- Establish team requirements, mobilize core and extended support teams
- Generate and manage investigation project priorities; resource evaluation and allocation, requirements planning
- Establishing and maintaining investigation timeline, completion and communication schedules
- Lead the core team in generating an immediate, short and long term CAPA resolution plan
- Manage the creation and execution of CAPA plans to completion with assigned teams
- Manage communication of investigations to business stakeholders at all levels of the organization as needed
- Generate executive white paper reports for senior leadership on major activity milestones
- Responsible for managing post-investigation retrospective process across functions
- Assists the Major Incident Management Process Owners in driving service management best-practice and process standardization
- Assist the Major Incident Management Process Owners in ensuring consistent end-to-end application of the Major Incident Management process across the account
- Assists the Major Incident Management Process Owners in identifying and planning for Major Incident Management process improvement projects
- Drives implementation of standard execution of the Major Incident Management process
- Agrees issue definition, action plan and success criteria with customer and commercial leaders (during emergency mode)
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical Discipline (i.e. IE, EE, ME, QE). Master Degree in relevant discipline is preferred.
- 8+ years Operations / Engineering / Commercial/ Quality experience in management role in a world-class manufacturing setting, with demonstrated success in both project leadership and business process excellence.
- Experience preferred in large multinational companies.
- Demonstrated performance in leadership roles with oversight in multi-site, multi-national environments.
- Proven ability to lead cross functional, global teams in problem solving, process improvements, and solution implementation.
- Proven project management skills
- Experience in understanding design, production and commercial process interactions is desirable.
- A strong decision maker with an excellent command of problems solving techniques
- Self-starter/ strong individual contributor - goal oriented with the ability to achieve results.
- Data driven with the ability to drive improvements through teams without direct line responsibility.
- Be able to demonstrate a clear and decisive management style that encourages involvement, interaction and team work.
- Practical in approach, with the ability to move in and out of detail with ease in order to see the bigger picture / wider perspective.
- Excellent communication skills in English, other languages beneficial.
Required Technical Knowledge:
- Additional certifications such as GB/BB/MBB, ISO Lead Auditor or PMP Certifications are desirable, but not essential.
- Travel: International and domestic up to 30%.
- Must be able to sit for extend periods of time; a minimum of 2 hours.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the office, shop, warehouse, or manufacturing plant
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives, changing priorities and reassign priorities to complete assignments.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety requirements consistent with supporting the Company’s goals.
- Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook.
- Follow all environmental requirements consistent with supporting the company’s environmental performance goals.
- Complete, and actively participate in all other HSE training requirements.
Work environment is typically considered within a Smiths location during normal or extended business hours to include offices, manufacturing plants and repair facilities. Work environment may also include customer sites including oil well sites, and meeting venues.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and approved PPE is required when on the factory floor
It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.