Location: Saginaw, Michigan
7:00 AM – 4:00PM
The Applications Engineer will be accountable to evaluate customer requests and site drawings, to ensure fit and function of our product. An application engineer will provide in-depth technical knowledge for all of our products in pre-sales and post-sales roles. You will provide sales drawings in Solid Edge Works and provide review of specifications specs to support the sales estimating and bidding processes. You will be a part of the product team and oversee equipment designs for fit and function. You will collaborate with R&D when new products are to be transferred in to production to ensure that our standards are kept and captured for reference. As a subject matter expert (SME) you will be a resource to the designers to transfer your knowledge in a way that will forward their ability to handle jobs accurately and efficiently. You will communicate with our customers and manufacture's representatives to ensure that we have whole and complete information. While communicating with outside sources, you will represent our company in a positive light only disclosing product and company data as appropriate for sales. You may be called upon to train our personnel as needed. Occasional travel, (up to 20%), may be required to visit sites, measure and ensure a fit for the customer and DC. You will be accountable to meet the product group standards, as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Listen to the needs of our customers and apply the correct equipment that will meet their needs.
- Understanding of Wastewater, Storm water processes and various industrial processes.
- Accountable for timely, detailed review of customer specifications to accurately support sales in bidding projects. Applying our application protocols, while assessing the needs of the project and coordinating information with other subject matter experts internally.
- Exceptional customer service through professional, timely and accurate design support, communications etc.
- Ensure our design standards are kept in tact through all phases of our projects.
- As a subject matter expert (SME) you will be required to problem solve, learn new concepts and contribute sound application engineering to the company's products and processes.
- Sales drawings turned around in 2-5 days (as required to support Sales), all drawings are to be delivered on time, consistent to DC standards, within budgeted hours and customer requirements.
- Attend handoff meetings at receipt of PO and release to engineering; must support project application prior to submittal release as required to meet customer/DC Schedules.
- Capture lessons learned with the product team, assess and implement changes/updates as needed into the application process and integrate this knowledge in to sales project management processes.
- Applications Engineer will ensure accuracy of engineering protocols, documented procedures.
- Shall have in-depth knowledge of pricing, labor, alternative materials, marketing objectives & sales process.
- Will follow all standards/processes as designated by company's QC, ERP and other process controls.
- Accountable for whole and complete product (fit and function) from proposal to post-sales.
- Due to the amount of interactions between customers and our internal teams; this position requires you to work in the office environment.
Bachelor Degree preffered but not required.
College degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology or Architectural Technology is strongly preferred or equivalent experience considered. .
- Required: Engineering of mechanical equipment 3 years or Architectural/Construction engineering 8 years
- Required: Computer Experience & Proficiency: MS Office programs, such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Proficiency in Solid Works or Solid Edge along, able to understand and translate mechanical blueprints.
- Exposure to machinery design and mechanical concepts. Proven experience in resolving mechanical engineering production issues for equipment.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Able to understand and create drawings (mechanical and civil) to industry standards.
- Meticulous attention to detail, able to multi-task well and complete projects on time, within budget, to the customer's satisfaction.
- Must have excellent customer and people skills: should be able to represent the company's image (consistent with the business motto of 'you'll like working with us!”)
- Must be self-initiating, independent, and able to organize time and diverse responsibilities.
Product Quality Assurance