This position drives the completion of site acquisition functions through lifecycle of project into construction. This position leads, motivates, directs, and assists all site acquisition team efforts including independent contractor site acquisition firms and develops strategies that meet and exceed client expectations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Handle site issues pre and post construction.
- Provide guidance and direction to site specific site acquisition issues as they arise with the Site Acquisition Specialists
- Mentor Site Acquisition Specialists in all areas of site acquisition
- Set timelines for each site acquisition milestone and hold Site Acquisition Specialist’s accountable to reaching those milestone dates
- Prepare and present daily and weekly update reports to client and company personnel.
- Provide Site specific updating as needed to the client.
- Manage local and national staff; drive team toward company and client goals.
- Establish goals, provide guidance and performance evaluations for employees.
- Provide staff with the tools and strategies to be successful and self-sufficient.
- Liaison between site acquisition team and RF, construction and compliance
- Receive updates and provide forecasts for all site acquisition functions.
- Manage and set priorities for Site Acquisition Specialists, as well as for external vendors.
- Negotiate pricing and manage external vendor payment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science, business or telecommunications discipline, or a minimum of eight years of progressive experience in a related field
- Five years’ experience in project management, and/or related functional areas in a communication systems companies
- Highly developed working knowledge of business process, including tender and sales
- Highly developed working knowledge of site acquisition process
- Strong financial knowledge/training
- Five years’ experience in project management, and/or related functional areas in a communication systems companies.
- Real Estate License preferred
- Business skills should include excellent leadership & negotiation skills, strong customer orientation, excellent conflict management skills, excellent analytical & problem solving capability, excellent communication skills both oral and written, a strong business minded consultative approach with focus on profitability & margin.
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 27806
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Over the course of the last 80 years, MasTec companies have been involved in some of the largest and most complex infrastructure construction projects across the country. Our experience has given us a deep and comprehensive understanding of the markets we serve, as well as the ability to effectively manage people, projects and equipment. It allows us to proactively identify challenges, avoid pitfalls, and overcome obstacles, and to accurately set and meet expectations for schedule and budget.
View the full profile
With offices across the country, a workforce of nearly 12,000 skilled professionals, and an extensive wholly-owned fleet of specialized construction equipment, MasTec has the resources needed to reliably deliver quality work for even the most complicated jobs. Our geographic reach, scalability, and overall financial stability enable us to meet each of our customers' changing needs on a daily basis.
Our focus on innovation colors everything we do, and as we've grown, we've fostered it throughout every level of our organization. We're always looking for ways to increase efficiency within the projects we take on, and within our own organization. We work to stay at the forefront of safety and environmentally responsible construction, and to increase the application of these concepts throughout each and every client project. We strive to find better solutions to the world's needs, as well as safer, more socially conscious ways to meet them both today and in the future.
MasTec & our subsidiaries are currently certified as a Minority-Controlled Company by the National Minority Suppliers Development Council (NMSDC) and as a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) by the California Public Utilities Commission's Supplier Clearinghouse. These certifications allow MasTec to be recognized as a minority contractor throughout the United States and across a range of industries that we serve.