To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Fargo, ND
- Phone: 316-636-7823
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Engineering
Volt • West Fargo, ND
Posted 2 months ago
Volt Workforce Solutions has an exciting career opportunity for a Director of Engineering for our clients Grand Forks, North Dakota location.
About our client:
Our client is a leading technology company, based in Grand Forks, ND. with locations in Phoenix, CA and Pittsburgh. They specialize in exciting custom mission critical applications, designs and test solutions for industry leaders in the aerospace, automotive, semi-conductor areas just to name a few. Located in beautiful Grand Forks, ND, which offers great outdoor activities and fantastic real-estate market.
Provide technical leadership as well as lead, manage and be accountable for all engineering personnel (approximately 20) and activities across all locations. This position is responsible for setting the technical direction of the company including product enhancements and R&D. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and interface closely with sales, production and the Senior Leadership Team. This position will drive a customer focus approach throughout the entire solution life cycle. This includes understanding the customer’s requirement, ensuring the solution we propose is an innovative solution that provides the customer real value, and ensure that the product continues to function for the entire life of the product.
Demonstrate our client's core values and bring them out in the engineering team:
- Willingness to help - See the need and offer to help.
- Eager to learn - Work to make ourselves better.
- Innovative - Introduce new methods, ideas or products.
- Customer focused - Listen to, learn from and go beyond expectations.
- Embrace change - Try new things to realize our potential and grow.
- Participate and lead within the guidelines of the Entrepreneurial Operation System (EOS).
- Overall System Architect. Develop innovative solutions in conjunction with the rest of the engineering team that meet the customer’s expectations.
- Recruit, hire, and mentor engineers and supporting staff. Ensure employee development for all reports as well as own personal development.
- Lead engineering activities for assigned projects, establish engineering priorities, and ensure on-time delivery.
- Lead difficult technical problems to resolution with sense of urgency. Problem solve from a system standpoint rather than a particular discipline.
- Ensure resources are available to cover capacity and capability is available for upcoming projects, products and markets.
- Implement engineering performance measurements to achieve planned improvement goals in quality, timeliness, and cost effectiveness.
- Build strong relationships with key customers and convey the company's technical competencies during interactions.
- Work closely with sales on creative solutions, proposals and cost estimates.
- Facilitate new product or service offerings for future growth.
- Stay abreast of current industry and competitive trends applicable to clients vision.
- Ensure compliance to ISO 9001 requirements.
- Initiate, lead, and implement continuous improvement activities to achieve profitability and improve quality.
The successful applicant will have 10+ years’ experience in systems engineering with at least 5 years’ experience in control systems or navigation. Must be comfortable working in mechanical, electrical or software engineering domains and provide critical direction to the various teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field as a minimum, advanced degree preferred
- Ten years’ systems-level engineering experience.
- Five years’ experience with designs using servo systems, control systems, industrial electronics as well as overall system design.
- At least 10 years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 5 years at manager level.
- Ability to travel (domestic and internationally) and obtain a US passport.
- This position requires the employee to work in a restricted facility that requires US citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card).
- Ability to obtain a DoD and/or DoE security clearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Analytical problem solver from a system-level perspective
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Customer-focused solutions.
- Deep practical engineering.
- Project management with a proven track record for timely project delivery, project quality, cost control, and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on sometimes conflicting information.
Our client offers excellent benefits, relocation assistance and offers a flexible 9-80 work schedule to have a 3 day-weekend, every other weekend.
Please email resume for immediate review or call me directly at 316-636-7823 to discuss this position.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer