Hilton's Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 5,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton's commercial engine and are key to Hilton's ability to drive profitable growth.What will I be doing?
***The location for this position can be McLean, VA (preferred)
or Addison, TX.***
As the Product Manager, Group Meetings and Events (GM&E), you will coordinate and collaborate with leadership, and internal business partners to guide the development of products that support Hilton's global GM&E vision. You will be responsible for the successful development and delivery of GM&E products that drive Hilton's distribution strategy, ensuring an efficient and proactive customer experience for both internal and external users. Specifically, you will develop products such as a Hilton's Standard Meeting and Events offering that can be sold through Hotel and Digital channels and executed consistently across all Hilton Hotels Globally. Develop Hilton's next generation of Meeting Planner tools that drive a Customer-Centric experience while crafting operational efficiencies for hotels. You should have Group, Meeting, and Event (GM&E) experience, understand the overarching strategy while delivering a product plan that can be supported across the global portfolio.
More specifically, you will:
- Closely collaborate with the GM&E Strategy team to execute Hilton's product strategy in the GM&E distribution space, taking overarching business objectives and developing product requirements through extensive research and engagement with subject matter experts.
- Provide critical thinking to incorporating emerging trends and innovative technologies into future business processes that support the enhancement and improvement of the GM&E customer experience.
- Utilize analytical skills to examine data, ideas, identify assumptions and obtaining detailed information to support the delivery of GM&E products. This involves ensuring solutions are focused on providing efficient service, groundbreaking user experiences and improved adoption results, both on and above property.
- Seek to identify requirements for the GM&E Product team through the engagement of subject matter specialists and key influencers. Serve as the business leader within the team to bring products to the market.
- Coordinate with the Group Distribution and Sales Solutions leadership to develop appropriate content for Business socialization, driving communication and change management across the business.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weakness of alternative and differentiated solutions, conclusions, and creative approaches
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to explain complex issues in a clear and concise manner, and to engage audiences when presenting these issues broadly
- Ability to influence partners and maintain positive relationships across multiple levels of the organization
- Collaborates effectively and forms positive partnerships on large scale projects with team members in groups and levels across a matrixed organization
- Multi-tasker, who handles multiple projects and priorities with a cool head under time constraints to effectively balance concurrent demands
- Committed self-starters and accountable individual, who takes initiative in implementing goals, meeting deadlines, and recommending improvements
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Four (4) years of professional experience
- Two (2) years of experience within the hospitality or travel industry
- One (1) year of practical experience leading cross-functional projects or strategic business initiatives
- Deep understanding of the hospitality and travel industry and experience within the Group Channel segment
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Travel as required (up to 20%)
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Four (4) years of professional work experience with experience in a corporate office environment
- One (1) year of product environment experience
- Experience working with dynamic and fast-paced Agile product teams
- In-depth understanding of key sales and distribution systems such as Delphi or Salesforce
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its URL blocked - click to apply. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Microsoft Power Point