To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merritt Island, FL 32953
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Off-Shift Supervisor - Maintenance & Operations
CH2M & Jacobs • Merritt Island, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
This requisition is for an Off-Shift Supervisor, within the Asset Management Maintenance and Operations organization at Kennedy Space Center, providing leadership throughout verification, validation, pathfinder, and flight processing activities that require support in the following areas: overhead cranes, doors, & platforms; mobile cranes, rigging, & proofloading; fabrication; mechanical and electrical GSE; cryogenic systems; environmental control systems; instrumentation. Leads union and non-union technicians. Responsibilities include the following: provide leadership and clear direction to a team of technicians; ensure work is performed safely per established processes and work authorizing documents; lead pre-shift meetings; participate in pre-task briefings and review Safe Plan of Action documentation; ensure required PPE is provided and utilized; act as POC for incident response and reporting; establish solid goals and expectations; work closely with work control and flow management to optimize resources and maximize productivity; maintain persistent communication and coordination with customers; forecast and track overtime labor; build strong relationships based on trust, integrity, and keeping commitments; proactively identify opportunities to provide recognition and constructive feedback to employees. Must have a fundamental understanding of: asset management practices and principles; analysis of metrics to measure and drive performance; coordination, planning and scheduling functions to maximize resource utilization and productivity.
Candidates must have demonstrated experience and success in leading operations and maintenance activities, with a strong understanding of reliability centered maintenance, preventive maintenance, failure modes & effects analysis, resource planning and management, utilization of metrics to drive performance and process improvement. Experience with 6S, L6S, and planning and scheduling tools such as Maximo, Primavera, and Solumina is desirable.
3 years of leading and/or supervising other technicians and administrative personnel.
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience and success in leading operations and maintenance activities, with a strong understanding of reliability centered maintenance, preventive maintenance, failure modes & effects analysis, resource planning and management, utilization of metrics to drive performance and process improvement.
- Experience with 6S, L6S, and planning and scheduling tools such as Maximo, Primavera, and Solumina is desirable.
- Must be able to participate in presentations to the client.
- Ability to climb launch structures, stairs and ladders for Walkdown purposes
- Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in performing research.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Occasional overtime is required to meet demanding schedule
Other Essential Functions
- Must work well in a team environment and interface well with the client.
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance, if necessary.
- Must comply with all drug free workplace requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>