SR. SDWAN ENGINEER
- The Sr. SDWAN Engineer will analyze requirements to meet demand and performance of products, systems and/or data. May perform engineering design evaluations including cost-effective utilization of materials; May design, develop, test and implement all components, equipment, and software within the functional area of the organization.
- Provides technical leadership and direction in area of expertise for engineering staff and Windstream internal teams by enhancing operations and maintaining reliability of systems.
- Acts as technical consultant within and outside assigned department in area of expertise and promotes positive change in the company’s business strategy through achievement of specific objectives and technological innovation of a practical and profitable nature.
- Works on problems of diverse scope, which includes technical escalations from customer facing teams and this will require self-motivation to accomplish expected tasks with some on call required
- Act as escalation point for complex issues related to Security, SD-WAN, and their supporting components.
- Assist in product roll-out, upgrades, and maintenances of Security and SD-WAN environments.
- Discussing and developing customer designs that meet Windstream standards or architectural guidelines.
- Document resolution and conduct appropriate root cause analysis post trouble resolution.
- Work with Windstream internal teams to audit and optimize customer network solutions to ensure maximum service uptime, survivability and sustainability.
- Identify and handle upstream communication regarding network service trends, escalation trends, emergent technology and network vulnerabilities both from a provider backbone perspective and a customer solution perspective.
- Manage small-scale projects and tasks while working closely with Engineering teams or other internal teams as needed.
- Develop and maintain expert level technical and marketing knowledge for Windstream Security and SD-WAN product sets.
- Strong technical background, including industry relevant certifications (I.e. CCNA-Cloud, CCP, CCC)
- BA degree in a technology track or hold equivalent experience of no less than 5 years in a Network Operations, Network Associate or Network Technician Role
- Proven track record of being able to resolve complex issues and exhibit a genuine enthusiasm for working with network equipment
- Experience working in a Service Provider environment and familiarity with key concepts including MPLS from a Service Provider standpoint, VoIP Architecture from a Service Provider Standpoint, and SD WAN from a Service Provider Standpoint.
- Ability to work with Basic Scripting Languages and understanding of SAAS and Cloud Infrastructure is highly desirable
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr SDWAN Engineer (Remote)
- Windstream Holdings, is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years technical experience with 6 years directly related to the job and 5 years of digital experience.
- College hours or a college degree may be substituted for some experience as deemed appropriate.
US-South Carolina-Greenville |US|Missouri|Virtual Office MO 1.00EEO Statement:
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
- Child Life Insurance
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Engineering Design Process