Are you an Information Technology professional looking for a fast-paced, challenging and transformational environment? Smithfield Foods, one of the country’s top consumer packaged goods companies, is looking for you! Our Information Technology and Transformation (IT&T) team is searching for focused and driven candidates who are excited about communicating new ideas and delivering first-class technical solutions to meet the demands of a growing business. We foster a culture that values each individual, our environment and the communities in which we live.
The IT Senior Systems Analyst- Web Applications serves as the primary point of contact for web applications. This role will focus on the operational and digital health of our systems and applications and work closely with both the technical team and Business Analysis team. The Analyst works with Digital and Emerging technologies for future implementations.
The IT Senior Systems Analyst will analyze, document, design, troubleshoot and support solutions created in the web applications area. This position will work with various business users to provide solutions to process, system and data issues, as well as making sure that all solutions are properly tested prior to deployment. In addition, this employee will have ongoing responsibilities for identifying and implementing system enhancements and related processes and provide on-going training as needed.Core Responsibilities
- Assist business analysts in the development and identification of functional business area system needs for the functional business area operations
- Lead the work effort to ensure the functional business area team is prepared for any system changes \u2013 training, SOP’s, establishment of super user forum and consistent communication of progress and identification of any gaps. Interact with external and internal business partners to define business requirements associated with system utilization and enhancements. Define and execute test scenarios
- Analyze new digital technologies to be integrated to new systems and existing systems
- Utilize project management skills to ensure work streams are properly identified and prioritized, resources utilized, time lines met and provide consistent status updates
- Communicate issues impacting daily operations to the functional business area team and provide updates on resolution. Work with the functional business area Managers and Business Analysts to ensure performance issues are resolved and communicate any identified business impact
- Application maintenance, troubleshooting and on-call support including answering user questions on system functionality, corrections for production problems, recommendations for improvement, data correction, one-time corrective action and coordination with other IT Support groups for problem resolution
- Review, in coordination with Business Analyst, current functional business area business processes to determine where automation / improvements will drive efficiency. Identify process efficiencies, recommend innovative uses of software functionality, design, implement solutions and train end-users
- Work with Business Analysts to design functional specifications for reports and assist in the development of reports to manage ongoing business needs
- Partnering with cross channel teams to identify opportunities and supporting the development of new sustainable best practice approaches while providing subject matter expertise in the functional business area
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, computer information systems, management information systems computer science or related field and 5+ years of experience in IT or related rolesBachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 8+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- General knowledge of IT systems, SAP as well as a strong understanding of the interfaces between SAP or other ERPs and third party systems.
- General knowledge of dotNET and MS SQL Server.
- Experience with Product Information Management(PIM) desirable.
- Experience with 1WS and data synchronization desirable.
- Experience with SOAP and RESTful Web Services and APIs desirable.
- Experience with RPA desirable.
- Experience with project management.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand system capabilities and ability to find ways to improve system performance, using existing and new technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with planners, peers and executive leadership.
- Previous experience in defining system requirement and defining test scenarios.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and manage all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Up to 30% travel required.
- This role may be responsible for managing or mentoring Associate IT System Analysts and IT Systems Analysts that are part of the Web Applications team.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)