Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Route Sales Professional
The Route Sales Professional represents Bimbo Bakeries USA and its brands in the market, merchandising, selling and delivering fresh baked products to retail customers, restaurants, and institutions. Through world class market execution, the Route Sales Professional’s primary focus is to maximize sales to customers through strong customer relationships, good business practices that drive profitable sales growth, and provide sales-related service that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
Top Reasons to Apply:
- Base Pay + Commission
- Full benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
What you will be doing:
- Merchandising, stocking, and proper ongoing rotation of product on store shelves and displays, ensuring best quality and freshness of products
- Drives sales through the acquisition of new display space, incremental displays and through using sales data to establish other store-level plans
- Follows up on new account opportunities and builds effective customer relationships while ensuring promotions are executed
- Introduces new products and services and shelf space within existing accounts and when soliciting new customers
- Conducts daily route settlement procedures to account for all products, invoices, and cash and maintains proper inventory counts
- Drives company route truck
- Correctly completes DOT (US Department of Transportation) logs daily and submits other documentation
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
What we need from you:
- At least 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain and retain a DOT medical card
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds
- Ability to climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods as well as perform frequent reaching and use of fingers
- 1-3 years of related experience in DSD (Direct Sales Distribution) is preferred
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR® Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel – propane, compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
- Business Ethics
- Customer Relationship Management
- Direct Selling