At Aalberts Integrated Piping Systems, we have the best, most complete flow control device and connection technology portfolio in the industry. Our goal is to make it an easier and better buying experience by being the only organization that offers a complete line of flow control devices and piping systems solutions. We feature a full range of connections, including push, press, thread, groove, sweat, and crimp to fit your Commercial, Industrial, and Backflow Prevention needs. At Aalberts IPS, we recognize the importance of providing our employees with a good work environment and an excellent benefits package.
Summary: The Cost Accounting Analyst will be responsible for cost planning, analysis, and operations reporting. This role's primary focus is to provide financial leadership to the local management and oversight to cross-functional business processes that are necessary to guide effective decision-making on new business opportunities and cost reduction/improvement opportunities. This position reports directly to the VP of Finance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead/Drive continuous improvement in the cost reporting and cost estimation processes.
- Lead/Drive continuous improvement methods to maintain, evaluate and update operational standards through coordination with operations (run time, labor levels, supply costs, material costs), technology (yields, steps, blends), and supply chain teams.
- Work with operations to understand cost variances and work toward driving total cost down.
- Oversee monthly operational reporting (P&L & bridges to budget, conversion costs analysis, PPV, & variance reporting)
- Prepare monthly journal entries for month-end close process.
- Conduct inventory reserve analysis on a quarterly basis and generate reports for senior management.
- Ensure inventory reporting is accurately valued and assist in the local cycle count program from audit to reporting.
- Assist in the annual planning process for material, variable and fixed costs and the department expense budgets.
- Assist in the preparation of capital project ROI analysis and oversee post-implementation audits.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
- 5-7 years relevant accounting experience (prefer multi-location, midsize to large company).
- 2+ years costing experience (working with materials as well as plant overhead rates).
- Background in manufacturing (process manufacturing preferred).
- Budgeting and forecasting experience required and must demonstrate the ability to understand how operational activities impact financial results.
- Product cost estimation experience.
- ERP experience in a manufacturing setting required (JD Edwards experience a plus)
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Project management skills.
- Strong Excel experience preferred.
- Self-directed with ability to lead and communicate across multiple functions and levels of the organization.
- Ability to explain finance/accounting concepts in layman terms to non-financial managers.
- Ability to embrace and drive change.
- Detail oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple assignments with minimal supervision
Aalberts Integrated Piping Systems is an equal opportunity employer. At Aalberts IPS, we are committed to treating all Applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
- Decision Making
- Complex Problem Solving